cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku switches accounts

TheMom
Local Performer

The same thing is happening to me. I've noticed that it switches to whoever was listening last on Roku even though it's not on the same device. All of my Roku's are activated/linked on the same account. It didn't use to be like this, not really sure if a new Roku or factory reset is what caused the issue but both have been done multiple times since the problem started. 

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@TheMom I moved your post to the Other Devices space since this issue is happening on your Roku device.

It sounds like you may be sharing a Roku account with someone.

At this time each Roku account can only be associated with one Pandora account, so if someone logs you out and logs in with their account, the information will sync across all Roku devices on the account.

You can manage the devices on your Roku account using the following steps:

1. Go to my.roku.com on your computer or smartphone.
  2. If you are not already logged in, sign in to your Roku account.
  3. Scroll down to the bottom of the My Account page and locate the device under the My linked devices section.
  4. Select Unlink on the correct device, and confirm your choice.

You can then associate that Roku device with a new Roku account (and thereafter, with a new Pandora account). If you need to, you can create a Roku account here.

If you have any trouble, you should reach out to the Roku support team using this link or via phone at 1-888-600-7658.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@TheMom I moved your post to the Other Devices space since this issue is happening on your Roku device.

It sounds like you may be sharing a Roku account with someone.

At this time each Roku account can only be associated with one Pandora account, so if someone logs you out and logs in with their account, the information will sync across all Roku devices on the account.

You can manage the devices on your Roku account using the following steps:

1. Go to my.roku.com on your computer or smartphone.
  2. If you are not already logged in, sign in to your Roku account.
  3. Scroll down to the bottom of the My Account page and locate the device under the My linked devices section.
  4. Select Unlink on the correct device, and confirm your choice.

You can then associate that Roku device with a new Roku account (and thereafter, with a new Pandora account). If you need to, you can create a Roku account here.

If you have any trouble, you should reach out to the Roku support team using this link or via phone at 1-888-600-7658.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos

briandk
Local Performer

We have multiple Rokus in the house, and multiple people in the family. And we have the Pandora Premium Family plan, so that everyone can have their own Pandora account and stations. (Other services like Disney+ and Amazon Prime give us profiles on a single account, which has no trouble being on many devices with my account.) I think this is broken on Pandora's side.

0 Kudos