cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung TV - Songs skipping

sportsm0m03
Local Performer

Hello,

I have noticed that while listening to a song, it skips through the song.  Not to the next song but during the song, like the CD is scratched or the player is on its way out.

Is there anything that can be done to fix it?

Thank you,

Debra 

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity & personal information

Labels (2)
48 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @sportsm0m03, thanks for posting to community! Sorry to hear that. 

What is the make and model of the device you are using when this happens? Is this happening on all stations or have you noticed a trend with one or two stations?

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

Alymich56
Local Performer

I am having this problem today on aventur radio

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Alymich56! Thanks for posting. 

Can let me know the make and model of the device this is happening on?

Does the same thing happen if you try another device like mobile or web?

Let me know. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

rocketbetty
Local Performer

I am also having this problem on my Samsung TV

TannerPandora

Hi @rocketbetty! Thanks for posting to community.

Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening? 

• The model and year of your Samsung TV
  • Does this happen with the integrated app found on your Samsung TV?
  • Does this happen when casting to the TV with a mobile device?
  • When the songs skip, do they play for a little bit before skipping to the next song?
  • Have tried any troubleshooting? If yes, can you let me know which steps you've taken.

Thanks!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

rocketbetty
Local Performer

Samsung 50" Class - Q6 Series - 4K UHD QLED LCD TV

Happens with integrated app. 

Skips like a CD would skip.

Have not tried any troubleshooting yet. Unsure what to troubleshoot. 

Thanks.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @rocketbetty I've gone ahead and enabled a trace on your account. Let's start with some basic troubleshooting.

First make sure your Samsung has the latest firmware by checking for a new update. If an update is available, try loading Pandora again once the update is complete. If you're not sure how to update to the latest firmware please refer to the owners manual for your specific device.

Then, I would recommend a few standard network troubleshooting steps:

• Try connecting directly via an Ethernet cable rather than using Wi-Fi (if you have this option on your Samsung).
  • Try rebooting your modem and router and restarting your Samsung.
  • Try removing and re-adding the Pandora app (if applicable).

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

annatreya
Local Performer

We also have a Samsung TV, the new Frame, with this skipping issue. Similar to a scratched CD. All troubleshooting tips described above have been attempted and the problem is not fixed. The skipping was also an issue on our other Samsung TV, just replaced about a month ago. 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @annatreya! Thanks for posting. 

Sorry to hear that the troubleshooting steps didn't help. 

I'm happy to pass thing along to our engineering team for further investigation. Can you let me know some info about your TV and set-up? 

• The make and model of your TV
  • Are you connected to the internet by WiFi or Ethernet?

If you happen to know the make and model of your older TV, can you please include this as well. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

J2DaR
Underground

I’m also having the cd skip issue on my samsung Q70A 75inch class tv. The issue persisted even after switching to a wired connection. I have CAT6 lines throughout and have internet that consistently tests at 900mbps up and 800 down. 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @J2DaR! Thanks for posting, sorry to hear this is happening. 

I've enabled a trace on your account to help investigate. While this trace is enabled, would you mind trying the following troubleshooting steps:

Please ensure that your TV is on the latest firmware by checking for a new update. To do this, press Menu on your remote and scroll down to Support. Then select Software Update. If an update is available, try loading Pandora again once the update is complete.

Next, try power cycling your Samsung and router/modem by unplugging your devices for 5 minutes, then try Pandora once more.

Finally, try deleting and re-adding the Pandora app from the app store on your Samsung.

Let me know how it goes. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

J2DaR
Underground

Hello,

after following these steps, it still skips

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @J2DaR! Thanks for trying, sorry to hear those steps didn't help. 

I'd like to report your issue to our engineering team for further investigation. Can you let me know the model number of your TV. Can you also confirm, that you're still connected via ethernet? Thanks!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

J2DaR
Underground

QN75Q70AAFXZA. Yes it is on ethernet. I made sure to go into settings to change it from wireless to wired connection

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Perfect, thanks for the info. @J2DaR 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

CyndiFly
Local Performer

I have no problem on any other devices; car, bluetooth portable speaker, but when I'm playing on the Samsung TV with DirecTV as my provider, the music skips, like an old damaged vinyl record. Not every song, but at least every other, sometimes multiple times on one song. It happens everytime I play Pandora only on the TV. It's not the internet, because I have no problems streaming anything, and the Router and Modem are about 5 feet from the TV. I've already found an answer why all my stations don't show up on the tv, I guess it's because I have DirecTV. Maybe this is another DirecTV problem?? But I couldn't find an answer for this question. Please help!

0 Kudos

Mdumo123
Local Performer

My Pandora is also skipping on my Samsung TV and I’ve tried everything mentioned on the boards. Please help. 

0 Kudos

Jaa999pa
Local Performer

I'm listening to Pandora, and during playback of some songs, it skips as if this were a vinyl record. No buffering issue, as my internet connection is strong. This is on a new Samsung TV, not my phone. Any ideas of what causes this?

0 Kudos

Peterla
Local Performer

I get skipping too a couple times or more when playing on app for my Samsung tv. Annoying

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

0 Kudos