cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shuffle on Denon Heos app

rowdog44
Local Performer

Hi all, 

Trying to determine where my "shuffle" issues lie.

The new Denon AVR ( x4700) I just got, allows Pandora. I have just  basic free acct, to be placed in the HEOS favorites and it plays on shuffle, as it was a PIA  to keep going back to add a station  etc. 

However, it is not actually shuffling the stations I have saved to my acct, on my PC!  This was how it was done on my old Denon, though, that unit had Pandora on it...so, hoping someone can tell me / help me  clarify.

Is this a HEOS  issue? or a Pandora  issue and can it be fixed  w/o having to add all the stations from my computer collection?

thanx

Moderator Edit: Format & title for clarity 

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Hi @rowdog44 No problem! 😄

You're correct, if you add stations on another device, like your PC, you should see the changes reflected within the HEOS app as well. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @rowdog44! Thanks for posting. 

Just to clarify, you added your Pandora account to the Heos app and it didn't load up your station from your account? You had to add them individually? 

Also, I checked your account and I only see one station selected for shuffle at this time. Do you shuffle all or a custom shuffle?

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

rowdog44
Local Performer

ooops ...so  sort of  "new guy" issues  i suppose   thanx Tanner ...😀

my new Denon, surprised me when it did not have the  Pandora setup,

as it did on the prvious one...a review showed it, but i'll figure i didn't read close enough... 

but,  finally figured out, how to get  "Pandora"  onto the HEOS favs ...

and i placed it on "shuffle" 

now My Stations , where i've always had my account, on the PC, # about 15... again, previously if on shuffle, those 15 stations would do so  =  Shuffle ! 

now you say    i only have 1 station  🤔

obviously, that's the issue  ... "things ain't what they used to be " ?!? 

is there a way to get the AVR to read what is in my acct? or do i have to add each station manually ?

ty 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

@rowdog44 You should have a "Shuffle Station" in your station list on the Heos app. Pandora doesn't offer a "Favorites" tab so this sounds like a Heos feature. 

In the meantime, if you select  your Pandora station list within the Heos and then filter your list  from A-Z, scroll down to find "Shuffle Station". When you tap this, does it appear to shuffle all your stations?

If you're still having trouble, would you mind taking a couple of screenshots of what you're seeing on your Heos app? You can include them in your response here. 

Let me know. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

rowdog44
Local Performer

when i go to the app on the  phone.. for HEOS ... see my  "stations "  there  A-Z , no problem

"shuffle" sits at the top , i hit that  and it plays 1 station ( acoustic blues) shuffles the artists 

there on that 1 station  only ...

appears  odd    as "shuffle"  at the top, you would think it would shuffle  everything ?!?

the only other thing, on the screen  is an "edit"  but  that just allows me to  delete stations

just learned how to do a screen shot on my PC...(i'm old)   on my  android ?!? yikes  

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

@rowdog44  Screenshots for your phone are easy! I promise. 👍🏻 However, before we get there, I made a small adjustment that I'm hoping may help. 

Can you try your shuffle again on the Heos app and let me know if you notice a change. Let me know. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

rowdog44
Local Performer

it seems ( 3 songs in) to be doing what i want ... 😁

but, it begs the qweshun

how are  you  able to make "adjustments" to my music 😮

thanx ?!? 

🙄  🤔  🙄

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hey @rowdog44! Sounds like it's working properly now for your Heos app. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

rowdog44
Local Performer

yes  thanx 

still .. i do want to know  what sort of  adjustment  was made?  and  how ?

who has access to my  account ? 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @rowdog44! - Just to clarify, no one has access to your Pandora account. However, as an employee, I have access to certain back-end tools when troubleshooting and supporting issues that may come up. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

rowdog44
Local Performer

i did not even realize you were an employee...figured a moderator  was just a more knowledgable

individual w/in the "community"  ...great ...thanx ... 

last thing that comes to mind...now that it's all working as i'd hoped ...

if i change stations on my PC  acct  page ...that would be reflected on the app as well, correct ?

deletes and new add ons  get to the HEOS  the same ? 

T Y  😆

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @rowdog44 No problem! 😄

You're correct, if you add stations on another device, like your PC, you should see the changes reflected within the HEOS app as well. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos