cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Skipping with Bluetooth speakers

ditag88
Local Performer

I'm having a consistently recurring issue with songs on Pandora skipping (as in brief, but frequent pauses in the music) when I listen to Pandora through bluetooth speakers. It's the type of skipping that might occur if your device and speakers were at or near their maximum range, even though, in this case, they aren't (I've tried placing the phone on the table next to and on top of the bluetooth speaker).

The issue spans the following streaming devices:

• Macbook 2012
  • Thinkpad (newish?)
  • iPhone XR
  • iPhone SE

and the following bluetooth devices:

• Wonderboom Speaker
  • PLT BB PRO 2 headphones

Given how prolific the issue is, one might expect that there is tons of interference in my house, but when I switch to other audio streaming Apps like YouTube Music, YouTube videos, Loom, etc. the skipping largely stops. As an example, I've been working at my desk streaming Pandora to my headphones and the skipping happened at least once every 20 seconds on average and after switching to YouTube Music (and changing nothing else) the skipping stopped entirely.

I don't have a lot of technical knowledge, but I wonder if Pandora doesn't buffer audio enough to handle the expected interruptions that happen with Bluetooth? 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @ditag88! Thanks for posting your experience. 

This is definitely interesting, especially since it's happening on multiple devices. I'm curious to know if you have the same issue when using AirPlay. 

In the meantime, I've created a ticket to pass on to our engineers, so they can take a closer look. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

littleblackcat
Local Performer

Mine is doing the same thing. It sounds like an record skipping and I've read several of these posts that exactly describe the problem without really seeing a solution. I'm using Bluetooth headphones, but I disconnected them and am just playing it through my phone speakers and it's doing the same thing. I've cleared the data off my phone and re-logged in, I've cleared the cache data, and I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app. At this point I don't know what else to do and it's frustrating because I am paying for what feels like a subpar app compared to Spotify and others.