cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sling AirTV Mini Pandora Quit working 9/1/2020

Armorall
Local Performer

I have two Sling AirTV Mini devices, and two Amazon FireStick devices, and an Android Phone (Moto Z).
Pandora works fine on the FireStick's and the phone, but stopped working on both of the AirTV Mini's on September 1st, 2020.  The app is there and my stations are displayed, however when I select anything to play, the screen goes totally Grey for about a full minute and then returns to the menu as if I had not selected anything.  I cannot open the basic app to sign out or anything.  I have cleared the cache, no change.  I have uninstalled the app and re-installed, no luck.  I did not / could not log in after the re-install.

Any clues would be greatly appreciated!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @Armorall thanks for posting!

Let's try removing the TV device association with your Pandora account and have you log back in. 

I've gone ahead and removed the device association from your account. This will automatically sign you out once this change takes effect. Please be patient as this may not happen instantaneously.

Next, click here to select steps specific to your device in order to set up Pandora once more.

If you do not see your device listed, click here for general activation steps.

Let me know how it goes. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Armorall
Local Performer

No change, it still does the same!  Cleared data, cache, uninstalled, re-installed.
Upon opening, still get grey screen for about a minute and nothing!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Armorall Would it be possible to send us a picture of what is showing on the grey screen you mentioned when you attempt to stream Pandora?

Thanks for working with us on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

Armorall
Local Performer

Chose SelectionChose SelectionPressed Enter/SelectPressed Enter/SelectAir TV About TopAir TV About TopAir TV About BottomAir TV About Bottom

0 Kudos

Armorall
Local Performer

I would have sent a Video, but that format is not allowed.
Regards Paul

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Armorall Thank you for reporting this.

I have escalated your feedback over to our engineers so they can take a closer look.

Keep an eye on this thread as we will provide you with an update when we receive additional information from our engineers.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime! 🤝 

0 Kudos

Armorall
Local Performer

No Biggie, I have installed a additional Amazon FireStick on the Office TV, It gets the job done!

0 Kudos

Armorall
Local Performer

Well, I think I have discovered the issue / solution!
After having other issues as well, slow loading Sling, and then the Amazon Firestick began to take forever to load with "Some Apps" failing to find server messages, I began to investigate the Spectrum settings!  I hanged the DNS Server in my router, from Spectrum (209.18.47.61 & 209.18.47.62) to Google (8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4).
MAGICALLY Pandora sprang to life!  What the heck Spectrum?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Armorall Glad to hear things are back up and running again.

If this continues to be an issue down the line, please make sure to reach back out to us and let us know.

Thanks for listening! 😎

0 Kudos