cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart TV frequently loses Pandora Connection - then reestablishes

Rich777
Underground

Using the app that came built in to my Sharp TV, the connection is lost several times throughout the day.  I get the message "Cannot connect to Pandora - please check your connection"  It always reestablishes without me doing anything, often beginning at the start of the song that was playing when the connection was lost.  Down time is usually 1-5 minutes.  Any ideas?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich777
Underground

It seems to be working well now.  Out of approximately 20 hrs of listening, the connection has been lost twice (that I know of).  In both cases, it reestablished by itself within a few seconds.  I am happy with it as is.  Thanks for your help!

View solution in original post

13 Replies

TannerPandora

Thanks for posting @Rich777! That sounds annoying - just to be sure, the Pandora app is located on your TV and you aren't casting from another device to the TV - correct?

If you're not casting, I have some troubleshooting steps we can start off with.

First (always recommended) make sure your device has the latest firmware by checking for a new update. If an update is available, try loading Pandora again once the update is complete.

If you're still having the same problem, then please try a few standard network troubleshooting steps:

• Try connecting directly via an Ethernet cable rather than using Wi-Fi (if you have this option on your device), and see if that helps.
  • Try rebooting your modem and router and restarting the device.
  • Finally, try removing and re-adding the Pandora app (if this is possible on your device).

Let me know how it goes. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Rich777
Underground

I checked that the firmware was up to date and restarted the router.  These are my only two options.  It’s a bit better now but it still disconnects unexpectedly from time to time

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Rich777 Let's try removing the device association from your account and running through the setup process again to see if that helps.

I had our support team remove the device association from your account. This will automatically sign you out once this change takes effect. Please be patient as this may not happen instantaneously.

Next, click here to select steps specific to your device in order to set up Pandora once more.

If you do not see your device listed, click here for general activation steps.

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

Rich777
Underground

Unfortunately now the app only displays "Pandora" on a light blue screen.  I hit return and nothing happens, no prompts for logon or anything

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

What is the model number and year of your Sharp TV @Rich777?

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Rich777
Underground

It was purchased in 2019, model # LC-58Q620U

Should I delete the app and attempt to reinstall?

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Yes, please @Rich777 - that was going to be my next suggestion. Let me know if you run into trouble. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Rich777
Underground

I thought it was going to work, but upon entering my password, the "tab key" (which is the arrow with a line on the right side) does not advance the active input area out of the password field, so I am stuck

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Rich777, I've made a small change on my end. Would you mind deleting the app once more and trying again?

Let me know how it goes. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Rich777
Underground

I did that about six hours ago and figured out my password acceptance issue.  After entering my email address I placed my cursor on the tab button on the screen; this advanced the entry field to the password area.  After entering my password I then used the back button on my remote to get my password accepted and be able to access the login field.  I had to leave the house and just returned.  It came on just fine, but it's too early to know if the disconnect problems will reoccur.  Do you still want me to delete the app and reload?

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

@Rich777 Since you were able to get in to the Pandora app prior to my message, I'd like to see if the issue still exists before trying again. 

Let me know if the connection is still be lost. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Rich777
Underground

It seems to be working well now.  Out of approximately 20 hrs of listening, the connection has been lost twice (that I know of).  In both cases, it reestablished by itself within a few seconds.  I am happy with it as is.  Thanks for your help!

TannerPandora

Glad to here it @Rich777! Happy listening! 🎶

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos