cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sonos - Error Message: Someone Else Listening

sreedy71
Underground

I did see the post Sonos - Error Message: Someone Else Listening but it was for multiple stations. I understand that issue. But I'm getting this with 1 email address playing 1 station on a group of 3. 

• Are you playing Pandora using the Sonos app or the Pandora app? 
    • SONOS
  • If you're using the Sonos App, are you using the S1 or S2 app?
    • S2
  • Which Sonos app version are you on? (Open the Sonos app > From the Settings tab, tap System > Tap About My System > Under Sonos App Info > Version)
    • 13.1.2 (Windows desktop) 13.1.3 (Android app)

I may start the station from either my android phone app or desktop app. Usually it's fine, but once in a blue moon it starts giving me that error. I've forced stopped all other apps except for the desktop app and it still does it. I come to Pandora in Chrome and play. It asks me who should be listening so I say here. Then stop it and close the browser window. Clear cache. Launch in desktop app. Then it may or may not do the same thing.

Why is this happening if it's only the one email address and the one station? 

Thanks in advance

Stephanie

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
27 Replies

TannerPandora

@JBSD 

You mention this happening on your Sonos,  and it sounds like this is happening on another Pandora account on your Family Plan that isn't associated with your community profile. 

I'm happy to look into this further and I believe I have located the correct account that you are referring to. To help with this investigation, can you please let me know the time and date you receive this message the next time it happens. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

JBSD
Opening Act

Getting the message again; Sunday night 7/25 around 10-11pm, and just now Monday morning ~630a.

0 Kudos

JBSD
Opening Act

@TannerPandora there it is again, ~1020p Weds night 7/28.

0 Kudos

JBSD
Opening Act

Need a Sonos option somehow for 'Let me listen' vs "Let them listen".  Or a way to force-quit / logout devices.  Frustrating to pay for the premium service and get these false licensing flags. 

0 Kudos

JBSD
Opening Act

Got the message twice just now - but then music continues.  Way less annoying than stopping the stream, but still pretty annoying.  Let's see if support loops back to this thread.

0 Kudos

JBSD
Opening Act

Ah, then on the third message it quits!  Yay!  Awesome!  //Insert all caps sarcasm indicator 

Moderator Edit: Format

0 Kudos

BJSD
Local Performer

Got it again about an hour ago.

0 Kudos

BJSD
Local Performer

Thread abandoned, so cancelled Pandora & went to Spotify.  Got a duo account to share at home & away, and Spotify Stations mimics Pandora fairly well.  Minor headache to change, but so far haven't gotten a false account message.

0 Kudos