cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sony TV: Sound cuts out

paulg
Local Performer

On my Sony XBR85X950H, the sound cuts out, momentarily, for about a second. This happens randomly.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@paulg This issue is usually specific to the network you're using to access Pandora, or due to an error on the device itself.

First make sure your device has the latest firmware by checking for a new update. If an update is available, try loading Pandora again once the update is complete.

If you're still having the same problem, then please try a few standard network troubleshooting steps:

• Try connecting directly via an Ethernet cable rather than using Wi-Fi (if you have this option on your device), and see if that helps.
  • Try rebooting your modem and router and restarting the device.
  • Try removing and re-adding the app (if this is possible on your device).

You can also contact the manufacturer directly to troubleshoot your specific device and settings.

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

paulg
Local Performer

Not my first complaint.
On my Sony XBR85X950H, for some time now, the music occasionally, maybe every 4 or 5 songs, cuts our momentarily, for maybe 1 second, then continues. No error message appears.
Now, in addition to the above, occasionally the songs do not complete. They stop, there's a 4 or 5 second pause, then a new song plays. When the latter happens, a message is displayed "cannot connect with Pandora".

With the original symptom, I deleted the app, then reloaded, but it made no difference. Although I don't have a fast dsl connection (it's only 10mbps), I do not have trouble streaming video on 2 tv's running concurrently, so, I don't think the cause is the internet speed.

I connect by wifi, and have two networks. This happens on both. I could use an ethernet connection, but resist this option so as to remove as many wired connections to the TV as possible, following a surge last year that took out several devices, including the ethernet circuit on another expensive TV.

I am paying for premium service, but if this continues, I might as well cancel, and go back to the free service and put up with the commercials.

Any idea's

The Sony app version is:  4.2.2  static

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @paulg. 👋

Sorry for the continued trouble. I moved your post over to your original thread as it sounds like the same issue: Sony TV: Sound Cuts Out

Let's try removing the device association from your Pandora account and running through the setup process again to see if that helps.

I've removed the device association from your account. This will automatically sign you out once this change takes effect. Please be patient as this may not happen instantaneously.

• Next, click here to select steps specific to your device in order to set up Pandora once more.
  • If you do not see your device listed, click here for general activation steps.

Let me know if the issue persists after a refresh of the device association.

Thanks for your help with this. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

paulg
Local Performer

Sorry for the late response, but I just found your reply.

I'll give your suggestion a try.

0 Kudos