cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Squeezebox - Error message 'Client restricted due to liscensing. Are you not in the US?'

NJaster
Underground

Squeezebox Error: Client restricted due to liscensing. Are you not in the US?

I see this happened in 2020.  I've wonder if it is the same issue as back then.  This has been happening for 3 days now.

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ulb314
Underground

SmartRadio - Error message 'Client restricted due to liscensing. Are you not in the US?'

Called Logitech regarding this problem and the tech person said it may be because Logitech may not have renewed their license with Pandora.  If that is the case, I would hope the two entities would get together and resolve the issue.  I do recognize that the Logitech smartradio is no longer a live product but there are many who still enjoy the smartradio and I am sure we all would like to continue with the Pandora music options on our Smartradio's.  If there is anyone that has found a work around this problem I would like to hear from that person.

Ulb314

View solution in original post

9 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @NJaster Thanks for posting. Unfortunately, Pandora stopped supporting Squeezebox devices in 2017, so we cannot provide any specific activation or troubleshooting steps for your device.

If your device isn't working, first, make sure your device has the latest firmware by checking for a new update. If an update is available, try loading Pandora again once the update is complete.

If you're still having the same problem:

• Try connecting directly via an ethernet cable rather than wirelessly (if you have this option on your device), and see if that helps.
  • Try rebooting your modem and router and restarting the device.
  • Try removing and re-adding the app (if this is possible on your device).

If you continue to have trouble after trying these approaches, I'd recommend contacting the manufacturer directly for more help.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

MZip
Local Performer

I am also seeing this issue. What say Pandora and Logitech work together to fix this for their customers instead of saying "its not my problem"?

0 Kudos

ricgrad2005
Local Performer

I also got the same issue and posted the question on Reddit. Pandora had been working flawlessly on my Logitech UE and Squeezebox devices until a few days ago. The last thread on this topic in 2020 seemed to imply whoever posted it got a resolution at that time. However it's 2022 and it looks like the ping pong match between Pandora and Logitech legacy devices has reared it's head again. 

I smell either engineered obsolescence , accountants or lawyers at work. 

By the way, I did a factory reset, synched my UE Radio with their website at Logitech, no dice. Same result with the licensing message popping up. I find it ironic Logitech still has Pandora listed as a service on their website. Perhaps they didn't get the Pandora memo for 2022. 

Moderator Edit: Format and merged posts

0 Kudos

Ulb314
Underground

SmartRadio - Error message 'Client restricted due to liscensing. Are you not in the US?'

Called Logitech regarding this problem and the tech person said it may be because Logitech may not have renewed their license with Pandora.  If that is the case, I would hope the two entities would get together and resolve the issue.  I do recognize that the Logitech smartradio is no longer a live product but there are many who still enjoy the smartradio and I am sure we all would like to continue with the Pandora music options on our Smartradio's.  If there is anyone that has found a work around this problem I would like to hear from that person.

Ulb314

NJaster
Underground

Thank you.  I sure hope they figure it out as well.  I do enjoy my Smartradio and listening to Pandora on it.  I'm continuing to look for a work around.

0 Kudos

MZip
Local Performer

I did contact both also contact Logitech support and found no help.

I switched my device back to a Squeezebox instead of the UE and found this makes Pandora work at the moment.

Ulb314
Underground

My smartradio is now working.  Why are they both working I really don't know.  Did I accidently hit the right spot on the Pandora's website and change or enter information the site needed to connect to my Logitech Smartradio's I don't know.  All seem's to be OK at present so that is a plus.  Just wanted to let you know my issues are well and working at present.

Ulb314

Ulb314
Underground
Thanks for follow up I did what was recommended and it seemed to solve
my loss of Pandora on my smartradio's.

Thanks for your help and suggestion to try to resume the service on the
smartradio's, I no longer receive error messages and the music is great.

ulb314
Ulb314

NJaster
Underground

I just tried my radio and it is working again.  I am delighted!!!  Thank you for following up.