cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchronize Devices in home (TV, Roku, Computer)

GMM
Underground

Is it possible to synchronize all devices playing Pandora from one account and same router?

Currently, I end up with different stations on each device.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Thanks for the follow up @GMM! Sorry about that. 

I've made a note of your feedback on this. I would also recommend posting in our Feature Request board as well. This is the best place for new ideas, recommendations and feedback for Pandora features. 

Thanks for being part of community! 🎧

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @GMM thanks for posting!

If you're using the same Pandora account on all device you should see the same content on each one.

I've enabled a trace on your account to better understand if there is an underlying issue. I've also made a couple of small changes on my end. You may need to sign out of your devices and back in again for the changes to take effect. 

Let me know if you're still having trouble. If so, can you do me a favor and send over a photo/screenshot of what seeing when things don't look sync. 

Thanks!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

GMM
Underground

I still have the same problem.  I signed out on all devices and then logged in on each device.  When I am watching/listening to pandora on my TV, for example, and then go to another room, there is different music on my pandora.  There is nothing different than normal on each TV other than they have completely different music from my collection.  Likewise, music on notebook is different.

GMM
Underground

Tried your suggested solutions.  All is still the same.  I cannot have Pandora in tn two or more rooms because each plays different music.  Not very good music service.  I like Pandora but may have to switch to another service if this can not be corrected.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @GMM - I think I may have misunderstood your first post. 

To clarify, when you stop playing Pandora on your TV and you move to a different device, in another room, when you play Pandora are you seeing different stations? Or are you saying the music doesn't pick-up where it left off?

Each internet-connected device used to access Pandora receives its own unique stream of personalized music. So if you stop listening on one device and move to another device, a new stream will begin. 

Let me know. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

GMM
Underground

I think you have answered my question.  The situation that is a problem for me is this:   When listening to Pandora in one room and then temporarily moving to another room (while leaving the first device on), I wanted to continue hearing the same music in the second room on another device.  That way, I could move between both locations hearing the same music no matter where I was.   Apparently this is not possible.  Thanks for your input.

TannerPandora

Thanks for the follow up @GMM! Sorry about that. 

I've made a note of your feedback on this. I would also recommend posting in our Feature Request board as well. This is the best place for new ideas, recommendations and feedback for Pandora features. 

Thanks for being part of community! 🎧

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Fanchier
Local Performer

I have a similar problem. I have two devices I use to stream Pandora (Fire Stick & Android phone), & they don't have the same stations. I have logged in through my laptop to add channels, & they show up on my Fire Stick, but not my phone... 

0 Kudos

Mrsbean06
Local Performer

I have the same prob. i created stations on my phone. But when i log into my pandora on roku. The stations aren't there 

0 Kudos

Daveyb230
Local Performer

Please add another vote for this feature. It should be simple as long as all devices are logged into the same WiFi. 
Seems like a no brainer to me, it’s such an obvious use case I find it shocking that it wasn’t instituted from the getgo. It the one feature that might get me to subscribe for, IOW I’d pay for this feature.

ps

jastroeve
Local Performer

same problem here...it doesn't make sense to "add a device" if the new device doesn't sync the playlist with the current device (i.e., desktop and iPhone).  if both devices use the same email address for Pandora account, it seems like a no-brainer that the same playlist should play on both devices at the same time.  disappointing.

tbucher
Local Performer

Add another vote.  I have Pandora on 3 Roku devices in different rooms.  If I am listening to one of my stations and listening to a certain song, I would expect that if I go to Pandora on another Roku device, in another room, on the same WiFi network, and select the same station, the same song should be playing.  No excuses or explanations, Fix this!!!  

0 Kudos

mblazer
Local Performer

Awesome, this topic goes back to June 2020 and it's now November 2022 and this issue still isn't resolved. I'm dealing with the exact same issue mentioned on this thread and have tried signing in and out of both my phone and computer using the same email address and my stations still won't sync across devices. Real nice work Pandora.

0 Kudos