cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TCL Google TV: Slow Processing Speed + Volume Distortion

insomniac0923
Local Performer

I've been an active member with Pandora since they started and I'm finally writing in on this subject. I've been listening to Pandora on my TCL Google TV™ since I got it in 2019 and the app is so hard to navigate, using a remote control.  It is extremely slow going from any option to the next. (Not my problem with WiFi or processor speed, every other app installed doesn't have this problem), because of that you don't know if you've properly made the entry you wanted. If you try to make it think ahead, sometimes you didn't make the entry you wanted and plays something you don't want and have to start over again.  If you are listening to it at a lower level it doesn't have this problem, but at mid or higher levels, the sound gets distorted where it sharply goes up and down in volume by it's self. Not extremely up and down but there is a clear variance in the decibel output, and not all songs do it, but it's mostly consecutive within each segment of time that it happens. These are the two main problems.  If anything gets thought of that I can do please let me know.  Thank you

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

TannerPandora

Hi @insomniac0923! Thanks for posting sorry to hear about your experience. I'm happy to pass this along to our engineering team for further review.

In the meantime, would you mind trying the following steps to see if they help?

• On the supplied remote control, press the HOME button.
  • Select the Settings Gear icon  ⚙️
  • Follow the steps according to your TV menu:
    • Select Apps → See all apps → Show system apps.
    • Select Apps.
  • Under System apps, select Pandora.
  • Select Clear cache, then select Ok.
    • If the issue still occurs, move on to the next step.
  • Select Clear data, then select Ok.
    • If displayed, select CLEAR ALL DATA, and then Ok

For the volume difference, in your description you mention that it doesn't appear to be extreme. Does it feel like the tracks are just playing louder or lower depending on the track? Pandora doesn't alter music equalization from how it appears on the original release. In some cases, some tracks may appear louder or lower than others.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos