cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View on roku flatscreen

1jazevedo
Underground

The default screen view of pandora on my new roku Tv was excellent - it showed the album cover hovering around my flatscreen and I loved it.  However after fast forwarding one song the view changed to a small icon of the album including progress bars and thumbs up vs down.  I hate it.

How do I get it back to the view I like, the default view?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

1jazevedo
Underground

Hi - I’m sincerely grateful for your reply.  Glad you spoke to your engineer.  

I wish that the advice your engineer provided was accurate.  But it’s not.  The screensaver is a different then entirely on my roku.  

there is a way to “back out” of the progress bar screen I am sure.  As you can see from the images the image I WANT to see (default) sits BEHIND the progress bar/album cover image on 1st picture.

this really does make me sad.  I know this is trivial and you have a great service.  But not being able to see the screen I wanted is truly a let down.

it’s not your fault.  It’s roku.  Any additional insights you might have would be valued.  This is not a screensaver issue by any means.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @1jazevedo - thanks for posting!

I moved your message over to Other Devices, to keep things organized. 

You first description sounds like it may be a screensaver on Roku. Can you do me a favor and please send over a picture of the view you're seeing now?

Thanks!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

1jazevedo
Underground

Tanner I’m so happy you replied.  I will send TWO pics. 1) what I have now and 2) what I had that I want back.

The Fist (below) is what I’m seeing now has the progress bar showing and thumbs up/down.  I DONT WANT THAT.  but look closely into the background of this picture and you will see that the view I want to see is sitting right behind the progress bar. also see how the previous songs always show?  I want that to go away.

image.jpg

Luckily I have a photo of how it used to look.  below picture is what I want!

08532962-920C-4D4A-A77B-109E34E9AA4D.jpeg

 I’m sure there is a way but I have hit every button on the remote, deleted and reinstalled the Pandora app as well.  It’s stuck on the view I don’t way.  

please help thank you!!!

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for the photos @1jazevedo.

I was talking to an engineer about this. The first picture in your post is the actual Pandora user interface with Roku. The second picture is a screensaver that is activated by your Roku.

There should be a setting in Roku to adjust how fast the screensaver comes on. You can place it on the minimum setting. This will allow the screensaver to start sooner. 

Hope this helps. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

1jazevedo
Underground

Hi - I’m sincerely grateful for your reply.  Glad you spoke to your engineer.  

I wish that the advice your engineer provided was accurate.  But it’s not.  The screensaver is a different then entirely on my roku.  

there is a way to “back out” of the progress bar screen I am sure.  As you can see from the images the image I WANT to see (default) sits BEHIND the progress bar/album cover image on 1st picture.

this really does make me sad.  I know this is trivial and you have a great service.  But not being able to see the screen I wanted is truly a let down.

it’s not your fault.  It’s roku.  Any additional insights you might have would be valued.  This is not a screensaver issue by any means.

0 Kudos

1jazevedo
Underground

Hi - I was wrong you are right!!!’

the view was a screensaver!  Awesome I’m so happy 👍👍👍👍🤙🤙🤙🤙

0 Kudos