cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vizio TV: No Sound

top10chef
Underground

We own a new Vizio Smartcast tv and tried to use the Pandora app. We could access the app, open it, and log in. Our selected stations were all there but when we played them there was no audio. The app worked fine on our pc, phones, and on Google Nest. The mute was not on and the volume indicator was working when we turned it up, just no sound. Any advice?

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
11 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @top10chef! Thanks for posting, sorry to hear this is happening. 

I’ve enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what’s happening. I've removed the device association with your Pandora account. When this takes effect it will automatically log you out. Can you please sign back in and replicate the issue once more. Please let me know the time and date you tried.

Also, is your Vizio TV connected through WiFi or Ethernet, does Pandora appear to play, but there is no sound?

Thanks!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

top10chef
Underground

Thanks so much for your prompt reply! Actually, I just updated the firmware on my new tv and Pandora is now working as it should except I noticed that while a song is playing, the still image remains on the screen the entire time. I'm sure that my previous tv would display a floating image so there would be no damage to the screen. I will contact the manufacturer to address this. Maybe with newer sets it's no longer an issue. Again, thank you Tanner!

TannerPandora

Thanks for following up @top10chef! Glad to hear you were able to resolve this. 🎉 🙌🏻

For anyone else that may be running into this issue with their Vizio, please make sure that your device has the latest firmware by checking for a new update. Even if your device is new, an update could have been sent out. If an update is available, try loading Pandora again once the update is complete.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

top10chef
Underground
Try updating the firmware on your Samsung tv. If you're not sure how to do this,contact the manufacturer or check your owners manual. Good Luck!
0 Kudos

dreambig40
Local Performer

I am having the EXACT same issue with my Pandora account with a Brand New Vizio SmartTV and 4.1 Surround Sound. The app worked for 3 days, then the audio just stopped working. I've checked all my other devices and have no sound issue. 

Please help!

(email)

Moderator Edit: Personal Information

0 Kudos

OdieKC
Local Performer

This issue just raised its ugly head today. I've updated software, rebooted my new Vizio SmartTV and it sill does not work.  Any ideas would be welcomed!

(email)

Moderator Edit: Personal Information

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @OdieKC Sorry to hear this is happening.

I've enabled a trace on your account to help investigate. Can you please power cycle your TV by unplugging it, waiting 5 minutes, then plugging it back in and try Pandora once more. 

Thanks!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

runningunner
Local Performer

During Pandora operation on the above TV, when I select THUMB DOWN, THUMB UP, or PAUSE, the music mutes.  On the top row of menu choices, next to the song name, the small equalizer is moving as if the music is still playing, but with no sound.  I've checked the firmware on both TV and the app, and both are up to date.  The only way to restore the music is to exit and restart Pandora.  The TV is connected via WiFi.  Is anybody else having this problem and/or know a fix?

Vizio model M65Q6-J09

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @runningunner! Welcome to community 👋

I moved your message over to a similar existing thread: Vizio TV - No Sound

Would you mind power cycling your Vizio? Unplug your TV, wait 5 minutest then plugging it back in and trying Pandora again.

Thanks for the help.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

wrightcolor9
Local Performer

Connected via WiFi. Sound on TV works. Sound on Pandora station is not working. Worked yesterday perfectly.

++

That Worked Can you tell me my User Name ?   I have the password but don't remember the User Name

Thank you,  Linda

Moderator Edit: Merged posts and format

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @wrightcolor9! Glad to hear that your issue was resolved. 🙌 The username on your Pandora account is the email address used when creating the account.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos