cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volume jumps in the middle of a song on Amazon Fire tv

maryjeppley
Local Performer

The Volume automatically jumps from very loud to very soft on Fire TV app. Please fix.

mod edit: changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Thanks for the info @maryjeppley. I've reached out to our engineers with this information to further investigate. 

Thanks for your patience in the meantime. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @maryjeppley thanks for posting to community!

We don't alter music equalization on Pandora from how it appears on the original releases, unlike terrestrial radio, which compresses the entire broadcast.

As a result, some songs sound louder than others. However, we do use the Replay Gain technique that encodes a fixed volume adjustment into the mp3/mp4 header so that the actual player (web browser, phone or device) can adjust volume just as the track begins playing.

If there are vast differences, it could also be due to different instrumentation or arrangements causing different apparent levels of volume where the actual decibel levels are the same.

There is currently a feature request for an Equalizer in our Feature Request board. If this is something you'd like to see for Pandora, I recommend visiting the board and giving this a quick ❤️.

Thanks for being part of community! 🎧

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

maryjeppley
Local Performer

ok, but the volume jumps right in the middle of songs, multiple times. This doesn't sound like what you have described. It didn't used to do this until recently. Please look into it further.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

If this is happening in the middle of songs @maryjeppley , let's try some troubleshooting for your device to help determine the cause. I've also asked our Support team to start a trace on your account to help us better understand what is happening.

Here are some steps to help troubleshoot:

1. Restart your device: To do this, just disconnect the power cord (from the back of the device or from the power outlet), and then plug it back in.
  2. Clear your app data:
  • From the Home screen, select Settings > Applications > Manage All Installed Applications;
  • Select Pandora from the list;
  • From here, clear the cache and/or data. This may help resolve various intermittent performance issues.

Note: clearing data doesn't delete the app itself, but will log you out of Pandora.

3. Uninstall and Reinstall the app:

• From the Home screen, select Settings > Applications > Manage All Installed Applications.
  • Select Pandora from the list.
  • Click Uninstall.
  • Reinstall the app by returning to the Pandora app detail page.

Let me know how it goes. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

maryjeppley
Local Performer

No, that did not fix the problem. I do notice that it is only for one station I listen to, Todays Hits. I think it is a problem with the station.

mod edit: format

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @maryjeppley, sorry to hear that didn't work.

I visited your tuner and checked out 'Today's Hits' Radio and I don't see anything out of the ordinary on my end. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to replicate the issue through my computer.  

Can you do me a favor and the next time you listen to 'Today's Hits' Radio, can you take note of the songs that this is happening on. I'd like to take a closer look. 

Thanks for the help!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

maryjeppley
Local Performer

Hi. 

ok, so I listen to this station as ambient music. It’s on for hours. You have to have it on at least 20 minutes or so to start to hear the jumps in the volume.. I am using a Samsung TV with an Amazon Firestick. Try replicating that and see if you notice the same thing. It only happens on this TV and not any other Tv or device I use Pandora on.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for the info @maryjeppley. I've reached out to our engineers with this information to further investigate. 

Thanks for your patience in the meantime. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos