cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xfinity - Pandora app closes

KathieQuack
Local Performer

While listening to Pandora on Xfinity it just shuts off constantly and I have to keep turning it back on this has been happening for the past month what is going on? It doesn’t ask if I’m still listening it just goes off

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
10 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @KathieQuack! Thanks for posting your experience and sorry to hear that. 

I've enabled a trace on your account to help us determine what may be happening. Can you let me know a little more about your experience.

• Does this happen after the same amount of time as elapsed? (e.g. one hour of playback)
  • Does the Pandora app close and Xfinity returns to normal TV / menu screen or does the TV turn off as well?

While the trace is enabled, I'd like to remove the Xfinity association with your Pandora account and have go through the set-up process once more. If you're up for this, let me know and I'll remove the association. 

Thanks!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

SherryC
Local Performer

Hi,  We are having the same problem as Kathy.  We run the Pandora app supplied by Xfinity.  It consistently stops playing music around 45 minutes after a restart.  This is always at the first of a song.  We have to exit back to xfinity and the channel we started from is also hung.  We have to switch to a working channel and start Pandora again.  Then 45 or so minutes later it hangs again.  This started around the first of August.  Prior to that we would get a periodic "Are you still listening?" message and replying "YES" would clear things up.  Now we just hang.  Please let us know if and how Kathy's problem was fixed.  Thanks 

0 Kudos

KathieQuack
Local Performer

Same problem hasn’t been fixed &I even upgraded my account --
Kathie 

Moderator Edit: Personal Information

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @KathieQuack 

Happy to troubleshoot with you. From my original follow up above, can you let me know the following:

• Does this happen after the same amount of time as elapsed? (e.g. one hour of playback)
  • Does the Pandora app close and Xfinity returns to normal TV / menu screen or does the TV turn off as well?

While the trace is enabled, I'd like to remove the Xfinity association with your Pandora account and have go through the set-up process once more. If you're up for this, let me know and I'll remove the association. 

@SherryC Thanks for posting! 

I checked the Pandora account associated with your community profile and I don't see an Xfinity device associated, just an Android mobile device. 

Is it possible that you have another Pandora account? If so, I'll message you privately to retrieve any other emails that may have been used. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

SherryC
Local Performer
Yes, it is associated with another email address.
0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for letting me know, @SherryC! I'm going to send you a private message here on community. You may receive an email notification about this message but please reply directly on community. 

Thanks!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Evelynmcadam
Local Performer

Hello im also having the same problem as well except my whole tv box needs to be restarted after pandora stops working. Please help when you can

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Evelynmcadam! Thanks for posting, sorry to hear this. 

I've enabled a trace on your account to help us determine what may be happening. I've also passed along your info to our engineering team for further investigation. 

In the meantime, would you mind trying a few standard troubleshooting steps while the trace is enabled. 

First make sure your device has the latest firmware by checking for a new update. If an update is available, try loading Pandora again once the update is complete.

Then please try a few standard network troubleshooting steps:

• Try connecting directly via an Ethernet cable rather than using Wi-Fi (if you have this option on your device), and see if that helps.
  • Try rebooting your modem and router and restarting the device.
  • Try removing and re-adding the app (if this is possible on your device)

Thanks!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

mgerardco
Local Performer

This seems to be an ongoing problem with the Pandora app on Xfinity. Just today I have had to re-open the app at least six times because it just stops and brings me back to the home page for Xfinity. No warning, just stops. I've reset the modem, had Xfinity check for outages, run tests on my system( which always show excellent wifi coverage and connection), and the problem persists. There is clearly an issue with the Pandora interface with Xfinity. Whatever it is I wish it would just be fixed as it certainly doesn't reflect well on either Pandora or Xfinity.

0 Kudos

Tim56
Local Performer

Also have the Xfinity problem.  As soon as the music starts, the screen goes black 

0 Kudos