cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xfinity - Tracks switch to next song exactly 36 seconds early

strangendssDSSm
Local Performer

Just as the subject says, I'm using the X1 flex streaming box which has the Pandora app on it.  Every track switches to the next song exactly 36 seconds before it's supposed to (regardless of how long the track is normally).  This issue only happens on this device (things are fine on my LG phone, Samsung tablet, and Windows 10 computers).  I've tried power cycling the device, and I've let the device update itself multiple times since the problem began. 

Any idea why this is happening?

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
9 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @strangendssDSSm! Thanks for posting. 

Looks like you've tried some troubleshooting already. The only step I can recommend is to remove the device association with your Pandora account from my end and have you go through the set-up process one again to see if it helps. 

If you'd like to continue with this, let me know. I'll wait to hear back before removing the device. 

In the meantime, I've gone ahead and created a ticket with our engineering team and passed along your info. Could you let me know the model number of your X1 Flex?

Thanks!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

strangendssDSSm
Local Performer

Sure.  Go ahead and remove the device association. (I assume that just means I'd go through the sign-in process again.)

My model number is SCXI14AEI-BCO.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for the model number, @strangendssDSSm.

I've gone ahead and removed the device association with your Pandora account. When this takes affect, you'll automatically be logged out. This may not happen immediately. 

After you're automatically logged out, go through the set-up process once again and then try Pandora. Let me know if you're still having the same problem. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

strangendssDSSm
Local Performer

It logged me out successfully, and I've just re-signed in through the mobile app authorization process.  Unfortunately, I'm still having the same issue as before.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @strangendssDSSm! Happy Monday.

Thanks for trying. I've updated the ticket and our engineering team with your information so that they can further investigate. 

Thanks for your patience in the meantime! 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

strangendssDSSm
Local Performer

Thank you for your work on this.  I'll keep my eyes out for further updates.

0 Kudos

rporter25
Local Performer

All pandora songs are cut 36 seconds short of finishing only when I play on my LG tv (xfinity stream service) ... works fine on all other devices .. any help would be appreciated. 

Rob

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @rporter25! Thanks for posting, sorry to hear this is happening. 

I've moved your post over to an existing thread we have here on community. I've gone ahead and included your information on our ticket. We currently still investigating this behavior with Xfinity devices.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

rporter25
Local Performer

Thanks for looking into this... We like to run Pandora while entertaining, and this 36 second cut off is noticed and pretty irritating. Please keep me posted if there's something that can be done on my end.  I'll keep an eye on these postings in the meantime.

Well ... here's a thing!  I added the Pandora app to my Lg TV and listen via that device, bypassing the pandora app on the Xfinity Flex Box... and no more problem. Sweet!

>> So the problem is definitely with the X1 Flex Box.    I'm just happy to be listening to full songs again!

RP

Moderator Edit: Format & merged posts

0 Kudos