cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xfinity: Unable to start playback by voice

Tim5
Local Performer

I can’t change stations with xfinity voice control. Not fixed still can’t use voice control to change stations on xfinity 

Tried again but not working

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @Tim5! Welcome to community! 👋 Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your Xfinity X1.

Can you tell me a little more about your experience?

First, can you give me an example of the exact voice command you are using when requesting content to play on Pandora?

Second, does Xfinity acknowledge the command but won't play or does Xfinity not respond at all?

Thanks!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Rochelle
Local Performer

I have had the same issue as Tim5 for the past week or so.  I can say "Pandora app" into my voice remote and Pandora will load with whatever previous station I was listening to.  But if I say something like "Pandora app play Mozart radio", the screen will look like its loading but it never goes anywhere.  So basically, changing channels with Xfinity Voice is not working.

0 Kudos

disolo1955
Local Performer

Have always been able to speak into my Xfinity remote and say, "Play (whatever) on Pandora" and it would get there in a few seconds and start playing. That stopped working a few days ago. Then I would just say "Pandora" and it would go to my home screen and I'd have to navigate to one of my stations and start it playing. Then that stopped working, too. So I started navigating to the Pandora App from the Xfinity on screen menu. Now today (11-26-2022) even that doesn't work. Tried restarting my set-top box, no fix. Voice commands work fine for everything else like Spotify, Netflix, YouTube, etc.

0 Kudos