cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yamaha Device: "Access Error" Message

YamahaMCuser
Underground

I'm experiencing  the same "Access Error" across all (3) of my Yamaha devices all of a sudden - I can play Pandora fine on my PC through web page, and on my phone with Pandora app.  This just started happening for no apparent reason.  Network access from my Yamaha's is fine as they can play Internet radio stations just fine. I can't even log back in/or out - the Yamaha just refuses to even try to connect with "Access error" . I find it difficult to believe all three of my Yamaha Musiccast devices failed at the same time, this must have something to do with my Pandora account?

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
368 Replies

joescruggs
Local Performer

Using Yamaha Music Cast devices non can connect to Pandora.  All return the error message "Access Error".  Tried all the reboot efforts to no effect.  

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Daveb1 and @joescruggs 

Welcome to community! Sorry for any trouble with your Yamaha devices.

I've gone ahead and removed your associated Yamaha devices from your Pandora account on our end. This can take some time to take affect, so your patience is appreciated.

If you're still having trouble, I would recommend power cycling your Yamaha by unplugging it for at least 5 minutes, then plugging it back in and trying once more.

If after that you're still having trouble, I would recommend restoring your Yamaha to factory settings. For specific steps to perform this please reference the user's manual for your Yamaha.

Hope this helps!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Daveb1
Local Performer

Solved! This issue was that I needed to do a firmware update. Then the access error went away and I could login to Pandora!! Note this was done with the wired eithernet on the yamaha. When the board wasn't working on the yamaha I tried the USB firmware using a computer and a USB drive. This didn't work either. Jim at Pro-Tec Repair said that any USB updates need to be done to be done on a computer that has a wired eithernet connection. That guy knows what he's talking about.

0 Kudos

jstan78
Local Performer

I am unable to play music from pandora due to an access error  stating that I need to agree to the streaming service usage in the settings in this room.  How do I resolve this

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @jstan78 

Welcome to community!

Sorry for any trouble with your Yamaha. To clarify, are you logging into Yamaha for the first time? Can you share a screenshot of the error message you're seeing? You can include screenshots directly here on community. The easiest way to do this is through a web or mobile browser. You wont' be able to include screenshots/pictures through email notifications.

Thanks for the help!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

ske
Local Performer

I have never logged in from my Yamaha RXA-820, and I get this error message.  Help!!

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @ske 

Welcome to community!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble. I recommend power cycling your Yamaha and try again. If you're still having trouble, I would perform a factory reset of your Yamaha. For specific instructions on your model, please refer to your owner's manual.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

twix408
Local Performer

I need help with the issue with MusicCast access error. Thanks in advance

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @twix408 

Welcome to community!

I've removed your Yamaha connection with your Pandora account. When this takes affect, you'll automatically be logged out of your Yamaha. Before logging back in, I would recommend power cycling your Yamaha by unplugging it for at least 5 minutes. Then plug it back it and try Pandora again.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos