cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yamaha Device: "Access Error" Message

YamahaMCuser
Underground

I'm experiencing  the same "Access Error" across all (3) of my Yamaha devices all of a sudden - I can play Pandora fine on my PC through web page, and on my phone with Pandora app.  This just started happening for no apparent reason.  Network access from my Yamaha's is fine as they can play Internet radio stations just fine. I can't even log back in/or out - the Yamaha just refuses to even try to connect with "Access error" . I find it difficult to believe all three of my Yamaha Musiccast devices failed at the same time, this must have something to do with my Pandora account?

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Hi @YamahaMCuser! Welcome to community, thanks for posting your experience. 

I've enabled a trace on your account to help us understand what may be happening. In the meantime, I've removed the device associations from your Pandora account. When this takes affect (it may not happen immediately), you will be automatically logged out of your Yamaha devices. 

After this, please try to activate your Yamaha(s) once more. If you continue to receive the access error message, let me know the time and date so I can take a closer look. 

Thanks!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
364 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @YamahaMCuser! Welcome to community, thanks for posting your experience. 

I've enabled a trace on your account to help us understand what may be happening. In the meantime, I've removed the device associations from your Pandora account. When this takes affect (it may not happen immediately), you will be automatically logged out of your Yamaha devices. 

After this, please try to activate your Yamaha(s) once more. If you continue to receive the access error message, let me know the time and date so I can take a closer look. 

Thanks!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

YamahaMCuser
Underground

Something fixed it.  After reading your post,  I checked again, and was stuck on the same "Access Error", but I power  cycled the unit and rejoined the network(Tried that a dozen times before your post) and this time I was greeted with a "Pleas enter your credentials". Works Great!  I checked the other two units, and they are also working after entering my credentials (did not need to power cycle the other units). 

Thank you Tanner - you saved my weekend!!

TannerPandora

Glad to hear it's working, @YamahaMCuser! Have a great weekend! 🎧

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

gregsjanes
Local Performer

For years I enjoyed Pandora on my Yamaha receiver. Yesterday, right before a big party I was hosting, I received an "access error" and there was just a "no music" notification when I tried to choose a playlist. I just signed up for free music weekend with T Mobile. Did this have anything to it? How do I log into Pandora on my receiver or update my settings? How does my receiver know my Pandora account?

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @gregsjanes! Thanks for posting your experience. I merged your message with an existing thread under: Yamaha - Error message: "Access Error"

I've enabled a trace on your account to help us investigate. A previous listener had success after I removed the Yamaha device association from their Pandora account and had them sign back in. Let's try that to see if it will help. 

I've gone ahead and removed the association, when this takes affect (it may not happen immediately), you will be automatically logged out of your Yamaha. 

After this occurs, please try to activate your Yamaha once more. Let me know if you still get the access error message. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

haleedog
Local Performer

I am having the issue.  Access error all of a sudden on my RX-A1000

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @haleedog! Welcome to community! 👋🏻

Looks like you may have reached out to our User Support team for help through email. To curb any confusion or duplicated support paths, please respond directly to their email.

Thanks for posting!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

zivua
Local Performer

@TannerPandora 

I'm having the same issue.  Can you remove my Yamaha device associations as well?  Thanks!

0 Kudos

paintman161
Local Performer

I am also having the same issue and need it reset some how. Thanks

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @zivua and @paintman161! Thanks for posting.

I've removed the device association from your Pandora accounts, when this takes affect (it may not happen immediately), you will be automatically logged out. 

After this occurs, please try to activate your Yamaha once more. Let me know if you still get the access error message. 

Have a happy Monday!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

zivua
Local Performer

It worked! Thank you.

TannerPandora

Yay! 🥳 Glad to hear it, @zivua! 🎉

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Carnell007
Local Performer

I am having the same issues with my Yamaha receiver … no access to Pandora … 

0 Kudos

Carnell007
Local Performer

I got it working.  Thanks 

paintman161
Local Performer

I just tried it and I am still getting the Access error.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Carnell007! Glad to hear it's working. 🎉

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @paintman161! Thanks for following up.

Are you getting the error when you try to register Pandora on your Yamaha? Can you let me know the steps that lead up to you receiving the message. 

Thanks!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

paintman161
Local Performer

We turn on the receiver and go to the Pandora app, it says logging in but then comes up with the error message.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for trying, @paintman161! Sorry the device removal didn't help.

Can you let me know the model of your Yamaha? I'd like to pass this on to our engineering team for further investigation. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos