cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yamaha: Playback stops

med
Local Performer

Yamaha TSR-7850 plays 4 seconds then stops.  Any song.  Started after firmware update.  Worked fine prior.

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @med! Thanks for posting, sorry to hear this is happening. 

I’ve enabled a trace on your account to help us diagnose. Let's try removing the device association with your Pandora account and have you run through the set-up again to see if this will help. 

I've gone ahead removed the association. Your account will be logged out but please be patient as this may not happen immediately. 

Let me know if you have trouble with the set-up.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

ca_oconnor
Local Performer

This just happened to my Yamaha today after firmware update

Updated to my Yamaha receiver. While song playing audio will break up for several seconds will happen numerous times during a song.

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @ca_oconnor! Thanks for posting your experience. 

I've gone ahead and merged both your posts together here to keep things tidy. To clarify, when playing tracks, does the audio completely stop or does it sound like it's breaking up?

In the meantime, I've enabled a trace on your account to help investigate. I would recommend trying a few standard network troubleshooting steps:

• Try connecting directly via an Ethernet cable rather than using Wi-Fi (if you have this option on your device), and see if that helps.
  • Try rebooting your modem and router and restarting the device.
  • Try removing and re-adding the app (if this is possible on your device).

Additionally, I can also remove the Yamaha association from your Pandora account on my end to see if this will help. If you'd like to proceed with that option, please let me know. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

GuySchiavone
Local Performer

I'm having a similar issue.  I contacted Yamaha support (RX-V483) and they had me do the following: 

Restore receiver to default settings...no difference.  Use a difference Pandora account...no difference.  Update to the most current system software version...no difference.  Reboot all network devices...no difference.  Change DNS settings on WiFi router...slight difference.  They also had me play netradio to see if that had stops in playback...it did not. 

After DNS changes, I now turn on the receiver, Pandora starts and plays no problem until an add comes on.  Once the add finishes, music playback will not resume.  At this point I have to unplug the receiver and then it will restart and playback resumes until the next add. 

Any suggestions? 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @GuySchiavone! Welcome to community!

When listening to Pandora on your Yamaha, are you casting to your receiver or using the Yamaha music app? If you're casting, can you let me know the make and model of your mobile device?

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

GuySchiavone
Local Performer
I’m using the Yamaha MusicCast app and selecting Pandora as the source. This is how I leave the receiver always so when I turn it on…Pandora starts with no other action needed.
0 Kudos

TannerPandora

@GuySchiavone Does this only happen through your Yamaha or does it happen when listening on other devices or speakers?

In the meantime, I can remove the Yamaha connection from your account on my end to see if this will help. This will automatically log you out and you will need to sign back in. If you'd like to try, let me know.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Ezebrown
Local Performer

I am having the same problem. 
-connect as I always have song is played and then advertisement plays 

no audio despite it playing on the app. 
switch to phone and music plays on phone switch back over to Yamaha and nothing.   Then suddenly after the song is over the next song is played on Yamaha???  
please help this is totally driving me nuts 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Ezebrown! When listening on your Yamaha, do you play Pandora through the MusicCast App or are you connecting with Bluetooth from your phone?

To clarify your experience, when trying to play from your Yamaha there is no audio, but then when the next track plays audio begins to play like normal? Does this same experience happen again or only at the beginning of your session?

For troubleshooting, I can remove the Yamaha connection from your Pandora account, this will automatically log you out and you'll need to go through the set-up once again. If you'd like to try this, let me know.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

pran105334
Local Performer

Hi- I have a Yamaha TSR-7810(Costco number) similar to a Yamaha model RX-V567. I have been a member of Pandora for about 10 yrs. Yamaha receiver has a setting for Pandora incorporated into the settings. Pandora always played for me when I bought this receiver in 2017 except now. I put it on the Pandora setting and nothing....What has happened?  Probably has something to do with Sirrus buying Pandora and putting limitations on memberships, no freebees, probably have to pay up? Does anyone know?

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @pran105334 Welcome to community.

Can you tell me a little more about your experience? The more information you provide about your experience the better I'll be able to assist. 

Based on your message, it sounds like Pandora is unresponsive. Can you confirm if you're able to play a station or, does it appear to play but no sound? Do you receive an error message? If so, what does the error message say?

Have you tried any troubleshooting steps before reaching out? If yes, can you let me know what you tried?

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos