cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yamaha R-N602 Amplifier Japanese model

RJF2
Underground

I purchased a Yamaha R-N602 Amplifier with WiFi, its a Japanese model. I can't log into Pandora streaming using MusicCast. I have discovered that Pandora isn't available in Japan which causes me to wonder if that's the problem. 

Does anyone have knowledge about this issue, and, hopefully, knows a work around solution. 

Thanks RJF

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @RJF2! Thanks for posting.

You are correct, at this time, we can only offer Pandora services to listeners located in the United States. 

Can you tell me more about what is happening?

• Do you receive an error message when trying to connect? If so, can you tell me what it says?
  • Can you share a picture of what you're seeing?

Since your receiver is a Japanese model, I would check to see if there are any regional settings on the device that can be changed. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

RJF2
Underground

Hi Tanner, thanks for the note:

The USA Yamaha manual says that Pandora is on the amps list, but there are only three streaming apps shown - spotify, deezer and radiko, no Pandora. I assume that's because it is a Japanese model. There are no USA models available at this time so I purchases the Japanese model; everything is great but I can't get to Pandora; I never thought about the international differences regarding Pandora. Who knew??

I will see if I can get through to someone at Yamaha who may know of a work around. I really prefer Pandora, none of the other streaming apps compare. 

RJF2

TannerPandora

@RJF2 If you get a hold of someone from Yamaha support, I'm curious to know what they say. Feel free to follow up. 👍🏻🙂

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

RJF2
Underground

Greetings Tanner:

I have learned that its a licensing issue which can't be corrected; I simply didn't know about licensing issues with amps?? Maybe I should have paid more attention to the very small "Japanese Model" label.  I am sorry to tell you that I have given up and went ahead and subscribed with Spotify; which does work perfectly with MusicCast and the Yamaha amp. Bummer for Pandora, but that's the fact. 

Sorry. RJF2

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for the follow up @RJF2! I get it and hope you enjoy your Yamaha amp! 👍🏻

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos