cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Connection lost" error on Samsung TV

vonhaase9
Local Performer

I have a similar problem. I have played Pandora for years through my WiFi router with a hard line to my Samsung TV. Lately, I can only play 1-4 songs before I get "connection lost". Nothing has changed on my side, so what has changed with the service?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@vonhaase9 Thanks for sharing your experience on the Commmunity.

This issue is usually specific to the network you're using to access Pandora, or due to an error on the device itself. Let's try some troubleshooting steps to see if we can resolve the issue. 

First, make sure your device has the latest firmware by checking for a new update. To do this, press Menu on your remote and scroll down to Support. Then select Software Update. If an update is available, try loading Pandora again once the update is complete.

Next, please try deleting and re-adding the Pandora app from the app store on your Samsung device.

If you're still having the same problem, then please try a few standard network troubleshooting steps:

• Try connecting directly via an Ethernet cable rather than using Wi-Fi (if you have this option on your device), and see if that helps.
  • Try rebooting your modem and router and restarting the device.

You should also contact Samsung directly to troubleshoot your specific device and settings.

You can view their support page here. Or, contact them directly using this link.

I hope this helps. Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

vonhaase9
Local Performer

Correction, my device is first connected to my router via ATT cable. Then to my Samsung BluRay player via ethernet cable, and then to my Samsung TV via 3 high grade RCA type cables. Checked for upgrades for all devices. None needed.

Upon further study, I have noticed that Pandora plays 4 tunes then "Connection Lost" right where an ad would normally be shown.

In conclusion, it's is definitely a Pandora problem!

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @vonhaase9! Thanks for the follow up. 

I'm going to reach out you via a direct message here on community. Please be on the look out for this message.

Thanks!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos