cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ad Feedback - Don't like prompts to upgrade

KDSLABY
Underground

I am perfectly happy with the free pandora, complete with the ads.

#1: Now, how in the world do I permanently SKIP the upgrade request pop-up every time I start Pandora on my phone?? I have to constantly hit the SKIP button and I'm tired of it.

#2: How do I get the "weekly recap" to stop popping up? I don't give a **ahem** about a weekly recap of what I played.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Thebingobird I moved your post to this thread since you had similar feedback.

Let me start by saying that we're really happy to have you as a listener, free or paid.

We understand that ads (including those encouraging you to upgrade to Pandora Plus or Pandora Premium) can be disruptive to the listening experience; however, we hope you can understand that they're necessary for us to let people know that we have ad-free music options and a lot of other great new features. That being said, I've noted your feedback for our Product team.

Hope we continue to see you around the community! 🎧

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
25 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@KDSLABY Nice to see you around the community!

Prompts to upgrade:

Let me start by saying that we're really happy to have you as a listener, free or paid.

We understand that ads (including those encouraging you to upgrade to Pandora Plus or Pandora Premium) can be disruptive to the listening experience; however, we hope you can understand that they're necessary for us to let people know that we have ad-free music options and a lot of other great new features. That being said, I've noted your feedback for our Product team.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Weekly recap:

I'm not familiar with this - would it be possible to send me a screenshot of the weekly recap you are referring to?

Thanks for the help! 

0 Kudos

KDSLABY
Underground
Sure, I have one now. How do I send it to you or attach it to this post? ks
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@KDSLABY After clicking on the Reply button, you will see a camera icon located above the text box.

Click on that Insert Photos icon and you can then attach the screenshot to your post.

Attaching a Photo.png

0 Kudos

KDSLABY
Underground

pandora.jpg

Here's the  recap popup.

Kevin

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@KDSLABY Thanks for sending that over.

Pandora uses notifications to let you know when new music and concert dates are available from your favorite artists, and to notify you about activity on your Pandora Profile.

You can disable Pandora Push Notifications by opening Pandora on your Android device and going to the Profile tab. Tap the Settings gear in the top right corner and select Notifications. From here, you can uncheck "Receive notifications from Pandora on this device."

I hope this is helpful. Thanks for being a part of the community! 🎧

0 Kudos

KDSLABY
Underground

Thanks Adam for your quick responses.

I found the setting just as you mentioned so hopefully that takes care of it.

Regards,
Kevin

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@KDSLABY Always happy to help.

0 Kudos

Thebingobird
Local Performer
I started listening this morning and within half an hour received FOUR pushy ads or notifications, including one that popped up looking like an official Apple need to verify my password, to “upgrade” to Premium. I do not want to pay for Premium. I am fine listening to ads right now. I’m really tired of having to opt out of the pop up every single time I log in on my Roku and the one on my iPod was concerning. I don’t mind the occasional audio ad for it but the pushy pop ups are almost enough to make me switch platforms. How do I make it stop?
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Thebingobird I moved your post to this thread since you had similar feedback.

0 Kudos

Thebingobird
Local Performer

Thanks for passing it on. However, I want to make it clear that the ads that play while I’m listening are fine, I have no problem and wouldn’t say they are “disruptive”  and the banner visual ads are also just fine. I am specifically concerned about the pushy pop ups that seem to want to trick me into paying and that take multiple clicks to get through before I can even get to my music. 

0 Kudos

KDSLABY
Underground

I agree 100% and that is my issue. The worst part is that the popup is difficult to get rid of and I almost accepted the charge to my CC several times when simply trying to close the popup. It seems that the design of this ad/offer wants you to make a mistake and click the button to accept the upgrade..

ks

Annoyeduser
Local Performer

If I accept this stupid trial and cancel it afterwards, will I finally stop receiving the @#$*!$# stupid add about trying it after the trial ends? Cause it's annoying when I never plan on buying this. I don't need your trial or the add reminding me to try it every 10 minutes. Smh. Also find it funny you can't use the words: frustrated, annoyed, or irritated as labels. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Annoyeduser I moved your post to this thread since you have similar feedback.

While you shouldn't receive additional prompts to upgrade to the same trial you initiate, you may receive prompts to try out an actual paid subscription.

Check out my post above for more information.

Hope this helps explain.

0 Kudos

padaco
Opening Act

Pop-ups on almost every screen change now... Driving me crazy

I'm paying for pandora plus ($3.99 per month), it's all I've ever needed (listen without ad interruptions, get unlimited skips, listen offline, replay favorite songs), but recently I've been getting constant pop-ups like "Listen without ads" (start your 30 day trial, only $4.99 +tax/month after... Why is it not recognizing that I've already got that?! I don't hear ads as it is) with a skip trial button, or something like "Find your favorite artists when they tour", or some other "Radio" thing I don't remember, and on top of that I get the pop-up to choose whether I want "My station" or "Deep cuts" or "Discovery" no matter what I select or how many times...

It's infuriating just trying to use the app to either like or dislike a song, skip one, go back, change station and getting pop-ups over and over constantly getting in the way of my screen taps, sometimes causing me to accidentally tap something! Accidental taps are not a successful business model, I'll tell you that.

I can't figure out how to get pandora to take no for an answer. I know how ladies feel now at parties. I'm feeling creeped out at the moment. This feels invasive and ignorant. I'm paying pandora for a service that I like, not for a bunch of things I dislike that are in the way that I can't stop.

Spotify doesn't do this nonsense.

Please just take my answer as my answer.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@padaco Could you confirm that you are logged into your upgraded account on your device?
Sometimes, it may help to sign out of Pandora, and then sign back in using the email address associated with your upgraded account.

If you are still seeing ads after confirming you are logged in with the correct address, can you please send me a screenshot of what you are seeing?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

padaco
Opening Act

Yes, I'm logged into my Plus account on all devices... if I wasn't, I'd be hearing ads between a bunch of songs, but I don't. The problem isn't ads though, it's Pandora's pop-ups.

For instance, yesterday I just opened the app on my Android 10 device and tapped into a station... and get this pop-up from Pandora; it's not an ad.

We've Got an Update (Android 10 Galaxy S10).jpg

This one in particular is completely unnecessary because my phone already auto-updates apps. It just hadn't happened to have updated Pandora extremely right away at this time... and it shouldn't have to. They update every day. I shouldn't have to get pestered like this.

This pop-up one of about 10+ pop-ups Pandora has made themselves that are not 3rd-party ads... they get in the way of my button presses, throw off what I'm looking at, and happen way too often now.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@padaco That screenshot in particular doesn't appear to be an ad.

In your original message, you mentioned you are receiving pop ups saying things like  ""Listen Without Ads" (Start Your 30 Day Trial, Only $4.99 +tax/month after..."

If that prompt to upgrade appears again, can you please grab a screenshot of that as well and send that in a reply to this message?

Thanks again for working with me on this!

0 Kudos

padaco
Opening Act

@AdamPandora I know the screenshot isn't an ad... I didn't say it was. I didn't say any of the pop-ups I'm seeing are ads. I've clarified that they're not 3rd-party ads, they are pandora pop-ups. This means from pandora.

This issue is driving me crazy. Almost every time I open pandora or wake up the screen to change something in the app, I'm assaulted by another pandora pop-up covering the screen telling me something I don't need to know or don't care about.

These pop-ups don't need to cover the whole screen or even a majority of the interface... They can be a little rectangular box at the top or bottom of the screen and be completely noticeable and not in the way of everything (please tell your ui people this). I usually don't do anything with these pop-ups because they're usually not useful at the time anyway, but I can't tell the app to disable each one or just get it to take no for an answer.

These are really ruining my experience with pandora. Spotify doesn't do this. Apple music doesn't do this. Only pandora. Why?!

Please tell your managers and developers and marketers that this is getting in the way of a good user experience with your app. It needs to stop or be handled differently. I'm not aware of any other app I use that does this frequently, and most of them don't do it this way at all.

Here's one of the pop-ups (note that it's from Pandora):

Screenshot_20210304-115211_Pandora.jpg

Here's my subscription:

Screenshot_20210304-115254_Pandora.jpg

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@padaco Thanks so much for sharing your feedback.

I have passed your message along to our product team for further review.

We appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us about this!

0 Kudos