cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: commercials

Local Performer

Please include as much of the below information as possible:

1. What was the ad for? Do you remember the brand, product, event or website name? 

Adam & Eve Sex Toys and they kept repeating the website URL. Not something I want with pre-teens listening.

1. How are you accessing Pandora? Are you on a computer, phone, tablet or in-home device (TV, Xbox, Blu-ray player, etc.)?

Roku

1. Was it a visual ad, an audio ad, or a video ad with audio?

Just Audio

1. Which of your station(s) did you hear/see it on?

What's On Your Mind (Pure Energy) Radio

1. What time of day did this advertisement play?

1:30 pm central

0 Kudos

Re: commercials

@cchopps It looks like you currently have your account set up to allow explicit content.

Here is a screenshot of where I am seeing this on the web:

Screen Shot 2020-08-03 at 11.55.14 AM.png

You can restrict Pandora from playing songs or displaying ads with explicit language.

To block explicit content, from a computer:

1. Click the icon (initial or picture) in the top right corner of the page.
  2. Select Settings.
  3. Click Content Settings on the left, then toggle the Explicit Content setting to Off to block explicit content. Setting it to On will allow explicit content.
  4. You'll need to Submit your password in order to confirm your changes.

Once this setting is turned off, we'll restrict explicit content for that account on all devices. This will limit Pandora to playing only music and ads that could play on daytime broadcast radio. 

Note that this can only be applied to the entire account and NOT specific stations. Also, it doesn't apply to podcasts. You can identify podcasts with explicit language by a red "E" label in the episode title.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

To block explicit content on your Roku:

Start by pressing the Up Arrow on your remote to display the Menu at top of the screen. Click the icon (initial or picture) in the top right corner of the page, and then select Settings. You'll see the options for Explicit Content under Content Settings.*

You will be prompted to input your current Pandora password to save this setting.

Hope this helps! 😁

*To ensure you open the main Pandora app (and not our voice-enabled lightweight app), open Pandora from the menu of your Roku, not via voice command.

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos

Re: Opting out of explicit ads

Local Performer

Cheers,

This same question for many other "questionable" ads.  Is there an ability to "report" or otherwise NEVER HEAR THE AD AGAIN?!?  -especially those that are offensive to me!

0 Kudos

@dadiouhhahu While there isn't currently a way to do this, I recommend giving this existing feature request a ❤️ to express your interest in seeing it added to the service: Downvote or turn off specific ads

In the meantime, I have a couple of suggestions which you might find helpful.

One way to prevent explicit ads from playing on your stations is to enable your Explicit Filter.

You may also consider upgrading to one of our paid tiers - Pandora Plus or Pandora Premium. 

For more information, check out the accepted solution to this thread.

Hope this helps! 😁

0 Kudos

Abortion Ad

Local Performer

I am a Christian, and I am being targeted by the "Abortion is Blessing" ad campaign on my Top Christian Worship station. This is very offensive to me. How do I get rid of it???  

0 Kudos

Re: Abortion Ad

Hey there, @msmiller. 👋

To keep the community space organized, I moved your post over to this existing thread: Ad Feedback Explicit Ads 

I've shared your feedback with our advertising team so that they can look into this. 

In the meantime, I would recommend upvoting this existing feature request as it seems like you would like to see an option such as this one: Downvote or turn off specific ads

To upvote, simply click on the ❤️ icon next to the title of the suggestion to express your interest in seeing this option implemented. 

Thanks so much for posting on the community! :pandora:

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

Re: Abortion Ad

@msmiller In order to locate this ad, we will need to gather some additional details from you.

Please include as much of the below information as possible:

1. What was the ad for? Do you remember the brand, product, event or website name?
  2. Do you remember anything else specifically mentioned in the ad you heard?
  3. How are you accessing Pandora? Are you on a computer, phone, tablet or in-home device (TV, Xbox, Blu-ray player, etc.)?
  4. Was it a visual ad, an audio ad, or a video ad with audio?
  5. What is the name of the station this ad played on?
  6. What day, and what time of day did this advertisement play?

If you're able to get a screenshot of what's happening, please send that along as well.

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

Re: Downvote or turn off specific ads

Local Performer

Sex related ads are inappropriate. If this is not corrected, I will have to find another music app. I don't mind ads generally, it's just these specifically. The songs I'm listening aren't explicit. There should be a "parent settings" option for the ads at least. 

0 Kudos

Re: Downvote or turn off specific ads

@Bkel I moved your post to this thread since you have similar feedback.

You do have the option of blocking out explicit content from playing on your account.

For instructions on how to do so, check out the accepted solution to this thread.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Local Performer

Since there is not currently a place to leave ad feedback I will attach mine here.  I mean no offense to the OP whose issue is admittedly more acutely serious than mine. 

That said: I find the current Tide ad offensive.   I have nothing against tide and accept the need for an ad supported platform.  However,  to a certain culture of people being surprised by Richard Ashtley's - "Never Gonna Give You Up" is jarring and forces recall of memories from a dark time in our lives.  My options thus far are to:

1) pay for ad free listening.  Not a bad option but I can't condone making a luxury purchase under duress.

2) Attempt to endure the advertisement.  Probably the worst option as the frequency  and sudden onslaught against my mental health evoke concern of submitting myself to a slow, methodical sort of psychological warfare.

3)  Move away from your platform.  Which neither of us benefit from. At least for a time this is going to be the option I take. Any idea when this ad campaign will be over?

I understand that the current ad campaign will not change in my or my brethren's favor.  Instead I offer a suggestion.  One I hope you heed and we can all benefit from.  You already own an amazing preference discerning IP.  You use if for music but why not apply it to your advertisements as well.  The ability to tailor your advertisements to your customers and users preferences will increase advertisement effectiveness and should be a selling point to the advertisers.  The users benefit by having ads more customized to their interests and preferences - but only through a system of opting in to share the feedback they are comfortable with.  Pandora benefits via increased ad revenue and user retention. 

I know there will be those who find this feedback hard to take seriously.   I assure you I am completely serious about hardship of having repeated exposure to an unwelcome or offensive advertisement.  I hope my suggestion is taken seriously and this can continue to be a platform for the betterment of this community. 

Hey, @Societyblind. 👋

Thanks so much for your feedback about this. Rest assured, I've shared your thoughts with the appropriate party. 

In the meantime, it sounds like you'd be interested in this existing feature request: Choose Types of Ads / Rate Ads 

• If you'd like to see an option like this implemented, please upvote the idea by clicking on the ❤️ icon next to the title of the request. 
  • For more information about how feature requests work on the Pandora Community, feel free to check out this helpful infographic: "How do requests become features?" 

Hope to see you around the community space more often. :pandora:

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

0 Kudos

Re: Choose Types of Ads / Rate Ads

Local Performer

My issue is my 8 yr old son likes fall out boy and imagine dragons. So I created a station for him and tonight 3 times in a row he got  Tampax commercials talking about a whole lot more than periods.. Virginity and shoving up **ahem**.. **ahem**! 

0 Kudos