cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ad Feedback - Spanish Ads

RickNubbz
Local Performer

This is very annoying. Apparently Pandora has more Spanish speaking listeners in my area than English. I get. Orr Spanish ads than English. 

that balcony about the ad operations team working on a solution. I have a solution - cut down the number of Spanish speaking ads. 

Labels (1)
231 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Arleneburton88 We're happy to help look into the issue you are having with hearing Spanish ads on your stations.

The next time a Spanish ad plays on your account, please send over:

• a screenshot of the Spanish ad (feel free to send multiple screenshots of each different Spanish ad if you are receiving more than one)
  • the date and time that ad played on your account

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

swaitkevich
Local Performer

Hi,

Thanks for replying.  It seems to have magically fixed itself?  Because I've been listening for spanish ads since you replied and haven't gotten any more?  I'll ping you back if the spanish ads return.

S. Waitkevich

mattwrightster
Local Performer

how about an opt out of spanish adds or a language setting...

Its very frustrating and may force me to another platform

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mattwrightster Make sure to upvote this thread with a ❤️ if you'd like to see this option added to the service: Language preference for stations

In the meantime, we're happy to help look into the issue you are having with hearing Spanish ads on your stations.

• a screenshot of the Spanish ad (feel free to send multiple screenshots of each different Spanish ad if you are receiving more than one)
  • the name of the station or podcast you were listening to when that Spanish ad played

AzureHawk
Underground

Me too.  Most people in Colorado speak English not Spanish.  I find Spanish ads very annoying.  Put in a language selection!  Over a year since issue first reported and no advancement!

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@AzureHawk We're happy to help look into the issue you are having with hearing Spanish ads on your stations.

(Please note you won't be able to attach images via email - you will need to open this Community link in a web browser in order to provide attachments)

0 Kudos

luannwillis
Local Performer

Getting Spanish commercials. I don’t speak Spanish 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@luannwillis We're happy to help look into this.

(Please note you won't be able to attach images via email - you will need to open this Community link in a web browser in order to provide attachments)

0 Kudos

Jabockian
Local Performer

Give me a break! You call that a solution? How about a few simple profile questions under a menu heading called PREFERENCES?

soberaigner
Local Performer

It's clear you are scamming advertiser as there is no reason we all should be getting Spanish ads its very annoying I think we need to bring this to the media show them how you defrauding advertisers.  #Pandorasucks

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@soberaigner I'm happy to look into this for you.

• a screenshot of the Spanish ad
  • the name of the station or podcast you were listening to when that Spanish ad played

0 Kudos

MomOfFour
Underground

Yes! I agree!!! Nothing is as bad as the Spanglish commercials though. If I’m listening to music I’m English, I don’t want ads in Spanish- Spanish speakers listening to Spanish music don’t want commercials in English either 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MomOfFour I'm happy to look into this for you.

• a screenshot of the Spanish ad

0 Kudos

MomOfFour
Underground
It’s on the Alexa. So how do I screenshot? It is linked to my app but the app doesn’t play on Alexa unless I Bluetooth. So I just say “Alexa play so and so on pandora” and she plays it
But if I look at the pandora app a different song will come up so even though they are linked, they play independently
Does that make sense? So I can’t screenshot

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MomOfFour If you are unable to grab a screenshot, please make note of:

• the exact date and time the next Spanish ad plays
  • the name of the station you were listening to when the Spanish ad plays

Thanks again for working with me on this.

0 Kudos

soberaigner
Local Performer

Still getting these ads

Thank You

Moderator Edit: Removed Personal Info

mknorris67
Local Performer

Spanish ad-

1132AM

Joss Stone Radio

0 Kudos

SaraSteiner88
Underground

I am also experiencing this issue. I do not speak Spanish and do not listen to Spanish music stations, yet I hear mutliple ads in Spanish multiple times a day. Here is a screenshot of the latest. It doesn't show me what the Spanish ad is regarding and since I don't speak Spanish, I have no idea what they're saying. This happened at 12:42pm on 1/9/2023. The station that I was listening to was "Happy Radio"

SaraSteiner88_0-1673286394899.png

Another one:

"Happy Radio", 1:17pm on 1/9/23

SaraSteiner88_0-1673288601832.png

MomOfFour
Underground
Because I found this to be very annoying I researched ad nauseam and found this tip which really works… I Reresearched which towns had the least Hispanic population I read a post that said Vermont and New Hampshire that the lowest population. I then googled a random ZIP Code in Vermont and in settings I updated my zip code and they stopped! Apparently they play commercials based on demographics and since I live in South Florida they assume that 100% of South Florida is a non-English speaker when really it’s only 99% LMAO
So now I get random commercials but I haven’t had a Spanish one in a week and a half
Good luck because I know it could be annoying

SaraSteiner88
Underground

Thanks for the tip! I will try that tomorrow when I'm back at work and on pandora.

0 Kudos