cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ad feedback: Ad causes app to crash

Kitsona
Local Performer

Whenever this Buff City Soap ad plays it makes my phone unresponsive and can lead to a complete phone reset when it completes.  I cannot take a screenshot of the ad since it renders my phone pretty much useless through it's duration.  I labelled it as "Error Code" but I dont receive any.  It seems to be the closest label available.

Other information I can give is it might be local to Georgia (McDonough) since they give some local store locations in the surrounding area and the ad itself has lots of popping P's. A link to their website as well:  https://www.buffcitysoap.com/

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @Kitsona. 👋

Thanks so much for reporting your experience with this advertisement. 

I've enabled a trace on your Pandora account in case we need to share this with our engineering and advertising teams. 

Let's start with these steps while the trace is enabled: Android Troubleshooting

If the issue persists, could you share a bit more?

1. Was it a visual ad or a video ad with audio?
  2. Which of your station(s) did you hear/see it on?
  3. What time of day did this advertisement play?

Thanks for your help with this. 🤝

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

Kitsona
Local Performer

I went through the troubleshooting steps and deleted my app's data just after the moderator's reply and the issue popped up again a couple of minutes ago.  The ad came up once several hours ago with no problems, but just now it played and my phone was struggling as listed above.

A bit more info:
1. From what I saw, the ad was a black screen that played just audio.
2. This happened on my 'Theater' station just minutes ago around 6:25pm est.
3. I've heard these ads throughout the day.  Sometimes in the morning and some in the dead of night.

Here's a screenshot I managed to catch while my phone was bugging out.  Time is in EST.
Screenshot_20211005-155821.png

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for reporting this, @Kitsona

I have escalated your feedback over to our Ads team so they can further investigate.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos