cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advertising concert dates

Cincydene
Local Performer

I turned on my paid subscription pandora, the FIRST thing I hear is an advertisement for a concert date. I hit the forward button. Listened to 1 song, followed by another advertisement for a concert date. I bared through it. Listened to 3 songs, guess what? Yeah, you guessed it. ANOTHER ad for upcoming concert dates. Pandora, if this is going to be the Norm, I can save my monthly fee and just bare through all the ads. What's the deal?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Cincydene!

The announcements you heard are not advertisements by Pandora. Instead, these are messages made by artists or curators on Pandora, alerting you of new music, concert tours in your area, or just thanking you for listening. You do have the option of disabling Artist or Discovery Messages to prevent them from playing on your account. 

Feel free to check out this article about how to manage your artist / discovery messages.

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community! 

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

3 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Cincydene!

The announcements you heard are not advertisements by Pandora. Instead, these are messages made by artists or curators on Pandora, alerting you of new music, concert tours in your area, or just thanking you for listening. You do have the option of disabling Artist or Discovery Messages to prevent them from playing on your account. 

Feel free to check out this article about how to manage your artist / discovery messages.

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community! 

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

Yvvie1414
Local Performer

I get artists interrupting my service w/concert and album information how do I stop this?  I pay for a subscription and the point is NOT to hear advertising- this is an advertisement 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Yvvie1414 I moved your message here as @AlyssaPandora provided some helpful information on the announcements you are hearing on your account.

Thanks for being a part of the community!

0 Kudos