cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billed by Apple - Switch to annual subscription

Mibry
Local Performer

Is there a way to get the subscription for a year rather than be billed monthly?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Mibry Our support team has taken a quick glance at your account and informed me your current subscription was purchased through Apple.

The option for an annual subscription to Pandora Plus, Pandora Premium or Premium Family is only available if you upgrade directly through us from our website. If you upgrade in the Pandora app from your iOS device you are upgrading through Apple, and they only offer monthly options.

To switch to a yearly subscription, you will need to change your auto-renewal options and let your monthly subscription through Apple run out. Once it has expired, and you're again hearing ads, you can then upgrade at the annual rate.

You can manage your subscription from your iOS device using the steps below:

If your device is running a version older than iOS 13:

1. Visit this link, and follow the prompt to open iTunes. (If you're not already signed in to your Apple ID, you'll be prompted to log in now).
  2. If you have more than one subscription, select your Pandora subscription from the list. (If you don't see a subscription but you are being charged through iTunes, make sure you're logged in with the correct Apple ID.)
  3. Choose your preferred subscription level, or select Cancel Subscription. You may be asked to confirm your selection. (If it says "Select an option to resubscribe," you're already unsubscribed from your subscription.)
  4. After making your changes, exit the iTunes Store.

If your device is running iOS 13 or newer:

1. From the home screen click on Settings.
  2. Tap on your Apple ID at the top of the page.
  3. Tap on Subscriptions and select Pandora . (If you don't see a subscription but you are being charged through Apple, make sure you're logged in with the correct Apple ID.)
  4. Choose your preferred subscription level, or select Cancel Subscription. You may be asked to confirm your selection. (If you don't see the Cancel Subscription option, you're already unsubscribed from your subscription.)
  5. After making your changes, press Done.

Once your subscription expires, and you are hearing ads again, you can re-subscribe at the annual rate directly from this link. Please note that once you've upgraded at this rate, your auto-renewal option and card information can only be managed from a computer (not your mobile device) by visiting here.

Thanks for being a part of the community! 🎧

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
13 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Mibry Our support team has taken a quick glance at your account and informed me your current subscription was purchased through Apple.

The option for an annual subscription to Pandora Plus, Pandora Premium or Premium Family is only available if you upgrade directly through us from our website. If you upgrade in the Pandora app from your iOS device you are upgrading through Apple, and they only offer monthly options.

To switch to a yearly subscription, you will need to change your auto-renewal options and let your monthly subscription through Apple run out. Once it has expired, and you're again hearing ads, you can then upgrade at the annual rate.

You can manage your subscription from your iOS device using the steps below:

If your device is running a version older than iOS 13:

1. Visit this link, and follow the prompt to open iTunes. (If you're not already signed in to your Apple ID, you'll be prompted to log in now).
  2. If you have more than one subscription, select your Pandora subscription from the list. (If you don't see a subscription but you are being charged through iTunes, make sure you're logged in with the correct Apple ID.)
  3. Choose your preferred subscription level, or select Cancel Subscription. You may be asked to confirm your selection. (If it says "Select an option to resubscribe," you're already unsubscribed from your subscription.)
  4. After making your changes, exit the iTunes Store.

If your device is running iOS 13 or newer:

1. From the home screen click on Settings.
  2. Tap on your Apple ID at the top of the page.
  3. Tap on Subscriptions and select Pandora . (If you don't see a subscription but you are being charged through Apple, make sure you're logged in with the correct Apple ID.)
  4. Choose your preferred subscription level, or select Cancel Subscription. You may be asked to confirm your selection. (If you don't see the Cancel Subscription option, you're already unsubscribed from your subscription.)
  5. After making your changes, press Done.

Once your subscription expires, and you are hearing ads again, you can re-subscribe at the annual rate directly from this link. Please note that once you've upgraded at this rate, your auto-renewal option and card information can only be managed from a computer (not your mobile device) by visiting here.

Thanks for being a part of the community! 🎧

0 Kudos

Indygod
Local Performer

How would I purchase a yearly renewal subscription tired of them taking 13 bucks outta of the blue?

mod edit: changing title for clarity

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Indygod, thanks for posting to community! I've moved your message over to our Subscription board. 

Annual subscription are only available directly through Pandora. I checked your account and it looks like you're upgraded to Pandora Premium through Apple. 

Since your subscription is being processed through your Apple ID, you will need to cancel that subscription through Apple and then wait for your subscription to expire. Once you start seeing ads again on your stations, you will then be able to upgrade your account from Pandora directly from the web using your credit card or PayPal account.

Please use the following steps to cancel your Pandora subscription through Apple on your computer:

1. Open the App Store app.
  2. Click your Apple ID at the bottom of the sidebar. (If you're not already signed in to your Apple ID, you'll be prompted to log in now).
  3. Click View Information. You might be asked to sign in with your Apple ID.
  4. On the Account Information page, scroll to the Manage section. Then clic Manage (next to Subscriptions.) 
  5. Click Edit next to Pandora.
  6. Choose your preferred subscription level, or select Cancel Subscription. You may be asked to confirm your selection. (If it says "Select an option to resubscribe," you're already unsubscribed from your subscription.)

If you have any trouble with these steps, please refer to this article or contact the Apple support team and they should be able to help you. You can get in touch with them here.

Once you've done this, wait until your subscription expires and you start hearing ads again on your account.

You can then upgrade your account from a computer (not a mobile device) here.

Let me know if you run into trouble! 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Ahc
Local Performer
Thinking of upgrading to premium, website says $109 for the year . Nowhere on there can you see / get that price. Tells me to upgrade through my iOS account/app... go there, only option is $12.99 a month, no yearly option... frustrating. Any help / advice is appreciated
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Ahc I moved your post to this thread since your account is currently upgraded through Apple.

For instructions on how you can switch to the annual subscription to Pandora Premium, check out the accepted solution to this thread.

Hope this helps! 😁

0 Kudos

Bryangelilli
Local Performer

I would like to switch our account to an annual payment instead of monthly. How can I do that? 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Bryangelilli I moved your post to this thread since your account is currently upgraded through Apple.

For instructions on how you can switch to the annual subscription to Pandora Premium, check out the accepted solution to this thread.

Hope this helps. 😎

0 Kudos

roger1
Local Performer

its easier to reorder and start over than to try and contact or change payment and email there instructions suck

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@roger1 I do see you have an open case with our support team regarding this issue.

Please keep an eye out for their message, and they will be happy to look into this further with you.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime! 

0 Kudos

kelpforest
Local Performer

Once Apple subscription says EXPIRED any idea how long it takes to hear ads again? 

ios Expired-Pandora.jpg

I'm assuming that "hearing ads" is the definitive milestone which allows me to subscribe to Pandora yearly-is this correct?  ios Expired yesterday and Pandora upgrade still says go to ios to get PRemium and I'm not hearing any ads yet.

Thanks - kelpforest

0 Kudos

kelpforest
Local Performer

...takes about 20 hours from Apple "Expired" banner for ads to start.  Then it's possible to upgrade on pandora.com.

0 Kudos

drskrzy
Local Performer

I currently have a monthly subscription for Pandora Premium through iTunes.  This method does not allow me to sign up for an annual membership.  I can sign up directly through Pandora and get the annual subscription, but I have a question.  If I sign up through Pandora will I lose my existing playlists?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@drskrzy I moved your post over to this existing thread: Billed by Apple - Switch to annual subscription

No - canceling your subscription through Apple, and resubscribing directly through Pandora will not result in the loss of any of your collected content (stations/playlists/etc).

For instructions on how you can switch to the annual subscription to Pandora Premium, check out the accepted solution to this thread.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos