cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do subscriptions automatically renew by default?

quinnf
Local Performer

I loathe automatical renewal on anything.  If I update to premium must I have automatic renewal.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@quinnf I created a new thread for your post since you have a separate question.

While it is true that subscriptions are set to automatically renew after upgrading, you do have the option to cancel at any time.

If you upgrade directly through the Pandora website, then you can manage your auto-renewal option by visiting this link from a computer.

Hope this helps clarify! 😎

0 Kudos

redhand32
Local Performer

This is absolutely untrue. Clicking on the above link allows for 2 and only 2 options: "Cancel subscription" and "Upgrade." there are no options to opt out of auto-renewal or even change or delete payment method. Very dishonest. Moreover, pandora does not notify subscribers before it renews one's subscription. Dishonest.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@redhand32 The Cancel subscription option is what you will need to click on in order to turn off your auto-renewal.

Clicking on that will not stop your subscription immediately, rather it will prevent you from getting charged on your next renewal date.

Hope this helps clarify.

0 Kudos

ta240
Local Performer

They word it like you are immediately cancelling your subscription to keep people from doing it but it does just cancel the renewal of your subscription when it runs out.   

I just did it an the message I received was that my membership would end on the renewal date if I didn't add a payment method.

0 Kudos