cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have to watch an ad to get additional skips

agoodusername
Local Performer

What the f*** is that? I'm in another tab, listening to Pandora and want to skip a song; and they force me to watch an ad? I'm going to pay for spotify after that.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

0 Kudos
8 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@agoodusername I moved your post to the Subscriptions space to keep the community tidy.

It sounds like you are running into the skip limit.

The skip limit allows us to balance royalty costs with our desire to maximize access to free listening on Pandora. To clarify, a skip is counted when you skip a track, Thumbs down a song or tell us "I'm tired of this track". To provide the best listening experience, we actively test the amount of skips that listeners receive.

One way you can receive more skips is to watch a short video from one of our advertisers. After completing this activity, your skips will be automatically added to your account, and will expire within one hour of the time they were issued.

Alternatively, you may consider upgrading to Pandora Plus for unlimited skips, replays and offline listening. Or Pandora Premium, our on-demand music service, which provides the same benefits along with the ability to create your own curated playlists.

For more information about these options, click here.

Thanks for being a part of the community! 🎶

0 Kudos

landon
Local Performer

yes to this. except that i am a pandora plus subscriber and don't know why at the moment. it seems that every few songs i have to watch an ad to demo pandora premium. i don't want to demo pandora premium, i just want to play music. echoing the previous commenter, is there any way to stop this? this is also causing me to consider leaving, fyi.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @landon thanks for posting. 

I checked your account and I see you enabled a complimentary session of Pandora Premium, this allows you to interact with an ad in order to play content on-demand. 

Listening to on-demand content is currently only a feature of Pandora Premium. However, we've updated your experience so that you have the ability to listen to on-demand content without being a Premium subscriber. If you search for and select the name of an artist, or track, or album, you should be brought to a "backstage page" where you can either create a radio station or press play.

If you press play you indicate that you'd like to listen to that content right away (or "on-demand"). You will either see an ad for Premium, or be prompted to watch a video ad to unlock a complimentary session of Premium.

Accepting a complimentary session of Premium is completely optional; you can close the ad and we'll create a station for you to listen to instead (if one is available).

Hope this helps to explain. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Termich
Opening Act

As for me, such a model is more interesting than the Spotify model, although I am a premium subscriber, but I like this model more

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for sharing your feedback, @Termich!

Hope we continue to see you around the Community. 😁

Termich
Opening Act

Sure)

0 Kudos

dirtbikemud
Local Performer

so if the video ad thing doesn't work try refreshing the page if that doesn't work open a new tab but if nothing works then i dot know what to do

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@dirtbikemud I do see you were able to initiate a Premium Access session today.

To clarify, are you still experiencing issues with this?

Let me know.

0 Kudos