cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to listen on multiple devices when upgraded

dratifk
Local Performer

I have a Pandora Premium Military account. But it tells me someone else is listening. How many people can stream at the same time? 

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
101 Replies

waveromper
Local Performer

If I upgrade to Pandora Plus, will it be ad-free on all devices, or just one? I sometimes listen on my computer, other times on my phone, other times on Alexa/Echo Dot, other times on the family computer. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@waveromper I moved your post over to this existing thread: How to listen on multiple devices when upgraded

To clarify, you can sign into the same Pandora account on any computer or supported device, as long as you use the same email address and Pandora password.

So as long as you sign into your upgraded account on your various devices, you will be able to enjoy the benefits of your subscription.

This all being said, you won't be able to listen to that same Pandora account on multiple devices at the same time.

For a complete explanation, check out the accepted solution to this thread. 

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

jrmuffinguy
Local Performer

I would consider doing that or switch services (e.g. Spotify, Tidal(.

They really can't explain because, as you may notice, the answers are usually pre-written not to address your specific concern.  That is, They can't explain.  The whole who, when, why, how questioning in this forum regarding streaming is never really answered to anyone's satisfaction.  I took many hours combing through questions from listeners and the administrators' responses.  Not one really gave a solution that was pertinent or worked.

Try contacting Pandora support via phone and speak to a live person.  It may take several/many attempts, but it will more than likely answer your SPECIFIC issue. 

Good luck.

Katwoman13
Local Performer

I already read a couple of the questions & answers about the amount of devices Pandora plays on....a grand total of 1....really?

So when is Pandora going to make it 2...possibly 3 devices.

Asking for a family member😺

ThanX

ForgeMPH
Opening Act

I believe that it is limited to 1 due to licensing restrictions, so Pandora doesn't really have legal control over this. so if you want to use two at once, buy two accounts. again, I don't work here so idk XD...

0 Kudos

RedJokerYT
Diamond in the Rough

going off of what @ForgeMPH said, you could buy a family account

Take Care. Epik Table Flip (˚Õ˚)ر ~~~~╚╩╩╝

@Katwoman13  for Christmas my brother and his wife added me to the Pandora family plan, all one has to do is have an e-mail for them to add on the account. When they sign in they just use their own personal e-mail, I believe the family plan is up to six. So one could use six devices with separate e-mails. Other wise you would get the message "Someone else is listening". I hope this is what you were looking for. Take care and stay safe.  

MOHLovesAlaska

shotdog916
Local Performer

Oh, Wow. Thanks, dat jus answers all ma ques.

I was looking into my other pandora setting wonderin why when my alarms rings in da morning, how **ahem** only one of my phone's plays music and da other phone never does even doe I already set both phones to wake up to Polo G Station.

Ok, den. I guess I'll use ma other email account fo ma other phone. Bam. Alrighty den, 

Thanks Muchisimo.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Katwoman13 Nice to see you around the Community. 👋🏽

You can sign into the same Pandora account on any computer or supported device, as long as you use the same email address and Pandora password.

However, you won't be able to listen to that same Pandora account on multiple devices at the same time.

As @ForgeMPH @RedJokerYT & @MOHLovesAlaska suggested, we do have the option to sign up for a family plan.

If you are looking for a subscription offering that allows you and other members to stream your separate Pandora simultaneously across your devices, this would be a good option.

You can find more information on the Pandora Premium Family Plan here.

If you were looking for a way to stream the same account across multiple devices simultaneously, then I recommend upvoting this existing feature request with a ❤️: Listening to More than One Device at the Same Time

Hope this helps!

Robsmusic
Local Performer

How many Devices can I download account to?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Robsmusic I moved your post over to this existing thread: How to listen on multiple devices when upgraded

To clarify, you can sign into the same Pandora account on any computer or supported device, as long as you use the same email address and Pandora password.

So as long as you sign into your upgraded account on your various devices, you will be able to enjoy the benefits of your subscription.

This all being said, you won't be able to listen to that same Pandora account on multiple devices at the same time.

Hope this helps!

FetchSomePopcor
Local Performer

I listen to Pandora at work at my desk. My partner likes to listen to Pandora at home. How can we both listen at the same time, me at work and my partner at home?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@FetchSomePopcor I moved your post over to this existing thread: How to listen on multiple devices when upgraded

To clarify, there isn't currently any subscription level that allows you to listen to the same Pandora account on multiple devices simultaneously.

Your best option would be to sign up for the Pandora Premium Family Plan

Upgrading to the family plan means that you and up to five other accounts can enjoy all of the benefits of Pandora Premium, while keeping your individual Pandora accounts.

You will first need to set up separate Pandora accounts using different email addresses for each family member that wants to join the subscription.

Once those accounts are created (if they aren't yet already), you can then send them an invitation to join your family plan subscription.

They should then be able to accept the invitation to the family plan subscription you sent.

I hope this clarifies things a bit! 

FetchSomePopcor
Local Performer

HI Adam,

Thank you very much for the informative response. I'm much wiser now. 

iTunes is screwy that they only offer up to the $12.99 subscription. I would have to unsubscribe from there and subscribe directly through Pandora, which I will do at a later date.

Again, thank you for the information.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Always happy to help, @FetchSomePopcor. 😁

bjwiley23
Local Performer

How do you register two devices for the same person.  I listen on my phone and on my macbook.  This is pretty silly that I cannot listen on both.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@bjwiley23 I moved your post over to this existing thread: How to listen on multiple devices when upgraded

Hope this helps!

organicsue
Local Performer

I have premium Pandora. It will only let me listen to either my phone app or my computer. Not both at the same time. Why? Anyone?

@organicsue you cannot use the same sign-in on separate devices, you can listen to it at the same time if you have the family plan and you have separate sign-in e-mails and user names. I hope this helps with your question. Take care and stay safe. 

Correction, you can listen on separate devices, just not at the same time, only with the family plan can that be possible. But like I stated above, with separate e-mails and sign-in names. 

MOHLovesAlaska

organicsue
Local Performer

Thank you. That was very helpful. 🙂