cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Pandora won't play unless I upgrade to Premium

JPed030569
Local Performer

please advise how to continue listening....My Pandora won't play unless I upgrade to Premium. I have had a free account for YEARS. However, now I'm on a new work PC (Mac book Air).

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @JPed030569. 👋

Thanks so much for posting about this, and sorry for any confusion.

You can listen to Pandora for free from supported devices, like your new Apple laptop. 

++

Premium Sessions:

It looks like you wrote in about a complimentary session of Pandora Premium, which allows you to interact with an ad in order to listen to content on-demand. 

To start a new session, simply search our library from your computer or mobile device for a song or album, and click play. If you are eligible for a free session of Pandora Premium, clicking play will trigger a short advertisement, after which you can enjoy your on-demand content.

Because these sessions are funded by advertisements, you can initiate them without worrying about being charged for Premium.

It looks like your account has already reverted to normal. To prevent this, you can listen to your normal stations versus clicking on individual songs to play.

Hope this information is helpful. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @JPed030569. 👋

Thanks so much for posting about this, and sorry for any confusion.

You can listen to Pandora for free from supported devices, like your new Apple laptop. 

++

Premium Sessions:

It looks like you wrote in about a complimentary session of Pandora Premium, which allows you to interact with an ad in order to listen to content on-demand. 

To start a new session, simply search our library from your computer or mobile device for a song or album, and click play. If you are eligible for a free session of Pandora Premium, clicking play will trigger a short advertisement, after which you can enjoy your on-demand content.

Because these sessions are funded by advertisements, you can initiate them without worrying about being charged for Premium.

It looks like your account has already reverted to normal. To prevent this, you can listen to your normal stations versus clicking on individual songs to play.

Hope this information is helpful. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

markmil1
Local Performer

I’m having the same problem and it is flaky. Sometimes I can go and search for a new song and get the ad pop up sometimes not.  not to mention my playlist doesn’t even show up in my station. I have to go back and look at previous song.

what is a fool proof method of playing a playlist

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@markmil1 Nice to see you around the community.

Unable to start Premium Access sessions:

It sounds like the ad to initiate your Premium Access sessions aren't appearing.

Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening? Are you listening to Pandora on a computer or on a device?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. If you are on a device, what is the make and model (and carrier, if applicable)?
  3. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?
  4. Can you provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing?

Thanks for working with me on this.

Playlists don't appear in collection:

To clarify, it looks like your account is upgraded to Pandora Plus. Customized playlists are only an option when upgrading to Pandora Premium.

I had our support team take a look at your account, and it appears you have been enabling free sessions of Pandora Premium by watching an ad.

This is what was allowing you to listen to customized playlists.

When these free sessions of Pandora Premium end, your account reverts back to your regular service, and you no longer have access to playlists.

For a complete explanation of how Pandora Premium sessions work, check out the accepted solution to this thread: Content disappears when Premium Access ends

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos