cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price increase

woodsgirl
Local Performer

The price of my subscription went up $1.06 in Dec. I received no notification of the change. The amount itself is not a big deal, but I don't like the fact that I wasn't informed. There is no "customer service" type link on the Pandora website, so I'm registering my displeasure here. Has this happened to others?

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @woodsgirl. 👋

I checked in with our team, and it looks like your subscription lapsed which explains the price increase.

Since you're a longtime listener, you were receiving our discounted loyalty rate of $3.99/monthly (plus tax if applicable). Our monthly Plus rate has been $4.99/monthly (plus tax if applicable) since 2014.

When your subscription expired / lapsed in November 2019, you resubscribed at the rate for new listeners as we no longer offer the $3.99/monthly rate (plus tax if applicable).

Someone from our User Support team will be in touch via email to assist with your personal account details. 

Lastly, our team is always happy to help, and can be reached via email here.

Thanks for your patience during this process!

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

2 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @woodsgirl. 👋

I checked in with our team, and it looks like your subscription lapsed which explains the price increase.

Since you're a longtime listener, you were receiving our discounted loyalty rate of $3.99/monthly (plus tax if applicable). Our monthly Plus rate has been $4.99/monthly (plus tax if applicable) since 2014.

When your subscription expired / lapsed in November 2019, you resubscribed at the rate for new listeners as we no longer offer the $3.99/monthly rate (plus tax if applicable).

Someone from our User Support team will be in touch via email to assist with your personal account details. 

Lastly, our team is always happy to help, and can be reached via email here.

Thanks for your patience during this process!

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

woodsgirl
Local Performer
Thanks for the response, Alyssa ~ I sent you an email response ... Although my confusion expressed there is cleared up by THIS communication with you, I think. (Your explanation about the discontinuation of the $3.99/mo. rate.) I appreciate your response. woodsgirl