cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales tax

u2magooo
Local Performer

Hello I would like to know why I am being charged 8.994% on sales tax? The current rate is 6.5% and that includes the city sales tax as well. So can someone please explain how you can charge me almost 25% more on sales tax than what the state and city mandated rate is. I pretty sure Tallahassee would  be interested in how your company came up with that rate as well?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
33 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Kat4 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Sales tax

Pandora is required to charge the Florida Communication Services Tax on all of our music subscription purchases.

The tax rate is based on the zip code provided with the payment information.

Hope this helps clarify. 

0 Kudos

Kat4
Local Performer
I’m aware of what the tax rate is here it is 6% +1% for my ZIP Code I checked it. Pandora is charging $.46 on a $3.99 subscription in tax that is $.17 more than you should be charging please have whoever your third-party vendor is that supposed to be supplying you with this information correct it and get their act together because it seems that there are many more people than just me having problems with this particularly in Florida.

Sent from my iPhone
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Kat4 Unfortunately, I can't manage this directly on my end as I don't have access to the Apple billing system.

Since you are signed up for a subscription through Apple, you'll need to contact the Apple support team to further dispute any charges that have been processed by their service.

0 Kudos

A-Z_2021
Underground

Please explain how I was charged 7.8% sales tax on my renewal when the county I live in has a sales tax of 6.75%. I would appreciate being credited back the difference. If you used my mailing address, it is incorrect for calculating sales tax. Where I live, receive my mail, and have purchases delivered is in a county and township that has a the 6.75% sales tax and no post office of its own. Second question - if you won't adjust the sales tax, please inform me what taxing authority you send the sales tax revenue to - so I know just whose sales taxes I am paying. Thank you.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@A-Z_2021 I do see you have an open case with our support team regarding this issue.

If you have any additional questions, please make sure to reply back directly to the email they sent you, and they will be happy to further assist.

Thanks for being a part of the Community!

0 Kudos

tarponbay
Local Performer

We have a yearly subscription that is supposed to cost 54.8+tax (6.5%)= 58.46. But, over bill is closer to $62. Any ideas why this would be?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@tarponbay I moved your post over to this existing thread: Sales tax

Pandora is required to charge the Florida Communication Services Tax on all of our music subscription purchases.

The tax rate is based on the zip code provided with the payment information.

Hope this helps clarify. 

0 Kudos

tarponbay
Local Performer

Thank you for the reply! Still trying to figure out what additional cost there would be to go from $58.46 to $62. Any ideas @AdamPandora ?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@tarponbay I have created a ticket with our support team for you.

They will be contacting you privately via email to help look into this further, so please keep an eye out for their message.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update 08/03/22:

Hi everyone!

Some counties are subject to multiple taxes.

In addition to your state’s sales tax (based on your billing zip), is subject to a local option county tax (otherwise referred to as a surcharge tax). We are required to collect all taxes, including surtax and state sales tax.

0 Kudos

Fantmxt
Local Performer

Suddenly I’m charged tax. I don’t live in an area with a sales tax. Please remove the sales tax from my account or I will cancel. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Fantmxt I have created a ticket with our support team for you.

They will be contacting you privately via email to help look into this further, so please keep an eye out for their message.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

Jj1234
Local Performer

How can my annual fee be 54.89 + tax when you do not get taxed on services, only products.  Pandora is a music service and I do not receive any physical product.  There should be no taxes attached to my subscription.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Jj1234. 👋

Thanks for posting about this. I moved your post over to this existing thread to keep the community space organized: Sales tax

Please keep an eye out for an email sent by our support team as I've created an email case for your inquiry. We appreciate your patience during this process. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.09.24)
0 Kudos