cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Skip Limit with Premium

Doc3
Local Performer

I have the premium and i am limited to how many skips I can have? Suppose to be unlimited! Please help???

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Doc3. 👋

Nice to see you around the community space.

There is no hourly or daily skip limit for Pandora Plus and Pandora Premium stations and in that sense you will receive unlimited skips. Although the majority of the songs in our collection will be eligible to be skipped without limits, you may encounter a portion of songs that are not eligible to be skipped due to our current licensing agreements. Since we're bound by our existing license to stream many of our tracks in a radio format, this option may not be available for some tracks.

We know it can be frustrating to have to listen to a song you'd rather skip. When this happens, we suggest scrolling through your recently played tracks and selecting a song to replay. Or switch things up by tuning into a different station. Alternatively, Pandora Premium subscribers can create custom playlists that are not subject to these licensing restrictions.

We are continuously working on increasing the amount of songs which can be skipped on our stations. Our intention is to provide enough music you enjoy to avoid any inconvenience around this.

Hope this helps clarify. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
20 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Doc3. 👋

Nice to see you around the community space.

There is no hourly or daily skip limit for Pandora Plus and Pandora Premium stations and in that sense you will receive unlimited skips. Although the majority of the songs in our collection will be eligible to be skipped without limits, you may encounter a portion of songs that are not eligible to be skipped due to our current licensing agreements. Since we're bound by our existing license to stream many of our tracks in a radio format, this option may not be available for some tracks.

We know it can be frustrating to have to listen to a song you'd rather skip. When this happens, we suggest scrolling through your recently played tracks and selecting a song to replay. Or switch things up by tuning into a different station. Alternatively, Pandora Premium subscribers can create custom playlists that are not subject to these licensing restrictions.

We are continuously working on increasing the amount of songs which can be skipped on our stations. Our intention is to provide enough music you enjoy to avoid any inconvenience around this.

Hope this helps clarify. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

dylsk8r
Local Performer

If i pay for this service you cant tell me i cant skip a song take that tihs off

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@dylsk8r I moved your post over to this existing thread: Skip Limit with Premium

Check out the accepted solution for more information around this.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

luvburrell
Local Performer

I'm having the same problem. Why can't I keep skipping if I'm paying for unlimited skips??

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@luvburrell I moved your post over to this existing thread: Skip Limit with Premium

Check out the accepted solution for more information around this.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

tobee317
Local Performer

I have Premium should have unlimited skips but I don’t. Any advice? 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@tobee317 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Skip Limit with Premium

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Jmann313
Local Performer

I recently just heard my pandora stopping me while trying to skip songs. I'm not certain why that would be happening. I have been using pandora and have been subscribed to it for close to 15 years. I only pay money to be able to control what I listen to. I really hope this is fixed soon. Not that a company this large, would even care anymore about its listeners, but I'll be leaving if this continues to annoy me while I'm trying to listen to what I want (because I have paid a ridiculous amount of money to this company over the years for exactly that). And in my annoyance considering music is where I go to get away from it, I will letting everyone I know that I was wrong and should have been listening to everyone for years and switched away from this service.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Jmann313 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Skip Limit with Premium

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

7brokenroses
Local Performer

I agree. That’s what we pay Premium for. 

0 Kudos

dylsk8r
Local Performer
I got rid of it
0 Kudos

MusicFan90343
Local Performer

Agreed 100%.  I too have been a PAID Pandora subscriber since 2012.  At this day & age to be limited on what we can/can't skip when we're paying, premium members... is unacceptable.  As much as I've loved Pandora... it's gotten to the point where it's intolerable.  As much as it pains me to switch to Spotify, I have to do it and finally delete this Pandora account. Hopefully enough people jump ship and put some sort of financial pressure on Pandora that they'll finally fix the issue. I have nothing against Pandora at all, and wish them nothing but good vibes, just wish they'd listen to the customer.

0 Kudos

ajvansteenberge
Local Performer

Sorry, but I PAY for the music I listen to, and I expect to not be FORCED to listen to music I have not PAID for.  

0 Kudos

Nara
Underground

I am trying to train a new station and it won't let me thumbs down or skip tracks that don't meet my criteria after I've thumbs-down a couple.  I have a paid subscription so it should not have a skip limit 

Screenshot_20240229-123938.png

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Nara I moved your post over to this existing thread: Skip Limit with Premium

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

ajvansteenberge
Local Performer

So, don't enter into licensing agreements that won't allow Premium users to skip songs.  It's simple, but that won't help with your bottom line, probably.

0 Kudos

Nara
Underground

But your answer doesn't make sense.  The message clearly stated i reached a skip limit, not that the song I was skipping was not available to skip.  

So please address the error message I received and don't give an unrelated "canned"  answer to a different problem.

I pay for unlimited skips, and this clearly states I reached a skip limit

Please actually address the error message I received, and don't just cut and paste a canned answer that isn't pertinent.

The message clearly states that I have reached a skip limit despite my being promised unlimited skips. I have been able to skip the song, except that I had already skipped 6.... So that is a skip limit, *not* song related block to skipping. 

It is deceitful to claim otherwise which is why I included a screenshot showing the error message. Why are you addressing a different situation instead of answering the actual error message I received? 

Moderator Edit: Merged comments

0 Kudos

Dnell816
Local Performer

Why don't I have unlimited skips in my thumbprint radio and I pay for premium? 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Dnell816 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Skip Limit with Premium

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos