cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still getting ads with subscription through Apple

mrsjayme
Local Performer

Pandora App shows cancelled Pandora Plus subscription, but App Store still shows active. Was working this morning, but around 145pm I opened Pandora app and it says my subscription has ended. I didn’t cancel it.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
114 Replies

dave021560
Local Performer

I paid for the 5.99 monthly subscription but it’s not working on my account. My phone confirmed I am paying for it on my apple account, but every time I click “retrieve your subscription” under the upgrade tab, it says subscriptions are unavailable right now. How do I fix this?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@dave021560 I have created a ticket with our support team for you.

They will be contacting you privately via email to help look into this further, so please keep an eye out for their message.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

rs1myers
Local Performer

I've been paying for a Premium subscription through Apple, but I'm still getting ads.  I tried the "Resubscribe" after "Upgrade" but get "Failed to restore and active subscription. Please verify you have an active subscription for you iTunes account. How do I do that?  Very annoyed.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @rs1myers. 👋

Sorry for any frustration this has caused.

Looks like your Pandora account is upgraded directly through our website, not Apple. In the meantime, I've gone ahead and created an email support case for you. A member of our team will reach out to you via email to explain more in depth about your subscription.

Please keep an eye out for their email soon. 📬

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.22.24) 
0 Kudos

Santaceasar
Local Performer

Paid for my subscription and it has me at the free version still 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Santaceasar. 👋

Looks like you're currently upgraded to Pandora Plus through Apple. 

I've gone ahead and created an email case for you with our support. It looks like you were upgraded to a monthly Premium subscription in the past. Someone will reach out to you soon via email to offer further assistance with your subscription. Please keep an eye out for their message soon. 📬

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.22.24) 
0 Kudos

jimbucklew
Local Performer

I am currently paying $5.99 a month for Pandora plus and now I am getting ads and I can’t skip more than a certain amount of songs. Why? My account is current.  

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jimbucklew I moved your post over to this existing thread: Still getting ads with subscription through Apple

It appears that there was a communication error between the Apple billing system and our system. The error seems to have been resolved and your subscription has returned to your account.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Jc79
Local Performer

My Pandora account stopped my auto subscription plus and when i tried to renew it.. it wouldn’t work. It won’t let me access the subscription i paid for in Apple and upgrade to plus. Pandora is making it harder to stay with them. I don’t want ads, i pay for them to go away, but i can’t apply the subscription to my account?? Not okay

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Jc79 

Reviewing your account subscription history, you were previously upgraded to Pandora Premium, not Plus, which offers an ad free experience along with access to on-demand content.

However, your recent subscription is to Pandora Plus. While it does offer you an ad free experience, it does not offer you access to on-demand content such as songs, albums and playlists.

So the ad you heard was triggered when trying to listen to on-demand content. The Premium Session allows free and Plus users to listen to on-demand content for a period of time by listening or viewing and advertisement. Your account will revert to your Plus subscription once your Premium session concludes.

If you'd prefer to have access to additional features, then please check out our Premium subscription. To review all our subscription offerings visit our Pandora Subscription FAQ for more info.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Jc79
Local Performer
It’s fine - I’ve cancelled and went to Amazon Music instead
0 Kudos

cplaborde10
Local Performer

I have a paid Pandora subscription, yet the app is still making me listen to ads. I am definitely being charged via Apple (I have verified this) and when I go to the Pandora app and choose “retrieve subscription” after selecting “subscription” on my profile, I get an error message saying “failed to restore an active subscription.” Any assistance would be appreciated.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@cplaborde10 Could you confirm that you are logged into your upgraded account on your device?

Sometimes, it may help to sign out of Pandora, and then sign back in using the email address associated with your upgraded account.

If you are still seeing ads after confirming you are logged in with the correct address, can you please send me a screenshot of the next ad that plays on your account?

Also, do these ads play on your collected radio stations, or do they play when you attempt to play a specific song or album on demand?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

cplaborde10
Local Performer

Thank you, Adam. I logged out and back in. The ads only play when I look up and attempt to play a specific song. I have the Plus membership, so I'm guessing that ad-free, on-demand songs are part of the Premium membership only?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

That is correct, @cplaborde10.

In the past, free listeners and Pandora Plus subscribers were only able to look for artists and tracks in order to create radio stations.

We've updated your experience so that you have the ability to listen to content on-demand, without being a Pandora Premium subscriber.

If you search for and select the name of an artist, or track, or album, you should be brought to a "backstage page" where you can either create a radio station or press play.

If you press play you indicate that you'd like to listen to that content right away (or "on-demand"). Since only Pandora Premium subscribers can listen on-demand, you will either see an ad for Pandora Premium, or be prompted to watch a video ad to unlock a complimentary session of Pandora Premium.

Keep in mind that upgrading to Pandora Premium or accepting a complimentary session of Pandora Premium is completely optional; you can close the ad and we'll create a station for you to listen to instead (if one is available).

Should you decide to accept a complimentary session of Pandora Premium, rest assured that you won't be billed; because the additional cost of these sessions is covered by the advertisement, your account will return to your regular service automatically when the session expires, and you won't be charged any Pandora Premium fees.

I hope this helps to explain.

0 Kudos