cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subscribed to Plus, but still receiving ads to upgrade to Plus

Settsu
Local Performer

Ever since the last update (to 2101.1—“2w ago” according to the App Store), I’m randomly getting prompts to subscribe.

I confirmed 7+ months remaining on subscription to Pandora Plus.

Tried signing out then back in: still occurs.

Tried signing out, uninstalling, reinstalling, signing in: no luck.

So far everything appears to still be working: no ads, track skipping, offline stations downloaded, etc.

Getting annoying though.

They do appear to be ads targeted at free tier users touting the basic paid features (“unlimited skips”, etc.) and not upselling to Premium.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@rrowzjones I moved your post over to this existing thread: Subscribed to Plus, but still receiving ads to upgrade to Plus

It sounds like you may be running into a similar issue.

Our engineers are interested in looking into this, however they need some additional information before then can do so.

Can you please do me a favor and send me a screenshot of the next prompt you receive to upgrade to Pandora Plus?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
14 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Settsu I'm happy to help look into this further.

Can you please send me a screenshot of the next prompt you receive to upgrade to Pandora Plus?

0 Kudos

rrowzjones
Local Performer

I have been a regular paying subscriber for years. My problem is that Pandora, itself, advertises in my app for upgraded service and this means I often can't start playing music without having to look at my phone and select the "No,thanks" option - which means it's not car friendly.

If I'm not going to have ad free service, then I would rather cancel the subscription and just endure the other ads as well.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@rrowzjones I moved your post over to this existing thread: Subscribed to Plus, but still receiving ads to upgrade to Plus

It sounds like you may be running into a similar issue.

Our engineers are interested in looking into this, however they need some additional information before then can do so.

Can you please do me a favor and send me a screenshot of the next prompt you receive to upgrade to Pandora Plus?

0 Kudos

Austengirl1775
Local Performer

Recently, I started getting notifications both on startup and during use about upgrading to Pandora Plus to eliminate ads, blah blah.  Problem is that I'm already subscribing to Pandora Plus.  I could sort of understand if it was even asking about upgrading to premium...but it's not. I did check to make sure I'm logged in already and that my subscription is current.    It's becoming annoying and goes against why I bother to pay for Pandora Plus since it's just another form of an ad.   Any ideas how to stop it?

digipro
Local Performer

I’m having the same exact issue, thank you! I feel slightly less crazy now at I know someone else is having it too. I'm thinking I might try to log out and back in again to see if that fixes it but first of all, super annoying and secondly, I’m actually hesitant to do that because it may open a can of worms where it somehow doesn’t recognize my old subscription. This app has been acting funky lately, as has the algorithm, as have been all the changes honestly since the beginning. I miss the days when it was $36 a year and it actually gave you new music all the time. Hire me Pandora! I’ll make you best music app again, Spotify gets even more thumbs down.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Austengirl1775 @digipro Sorry to hear that.

We believe this issue should now be resolved.

Could you try again and if you continue to receive those prompts to upgrade, can you please send me a screenshot of what you are seeing?

0 Kudos

sevi006
Underground

Still having this problem as of today 3/19 despite contacting support (and never hearing back).  Super annoying, Pandora.  It makes me want to cancel my subscription and move on.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@sevi006 Can you please send me a screenshot of what you are seeing the next time you are prompted to upgrade to Pandora Plus?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

sevi006
Underground

Sure, I'll do my best to remember.  I get the "unlimited skips" ad and the "upgrade to pandora plus to be ad-free" pop-ups, if that helps you in the meantime. 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sounds good, @sevi006.

I'll keep an eye out for any follow-up messages coming from you.

0 Kudos

sevi006
Underground

thumbnail_IMG_0003.jpg

Here's one example

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@sevi006 Thanks for sending that over.

I would like to report this issue to our engineers. Could you tell me more about your device?

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone 5c, iPod 6th gen, iPad Air2, etc.)
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Thanks for your help with this!

0 Kudos

sevi006
Underground

Adam, I already submitted all of that info to a support ticket and never heard back, but I will provide it again since you seem to be a little more helpful.  To answer your question, I get these pop-ups every single time I use the app, whether on Wifi or using cellular data. 

Other questions:

Device:  iPhone 7 Plus

Carrier:  AT&T

Operating System:  iOS 14.4

Pandora Version:  2102.1

I have included 2 more pictures from additional pop-ups that I have gotten since my last post. thumbnail_IMG_0006.pngthumbnail_IMG_0007.png

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@sevi006 Thanks for following up.

I've sent this over to our engineers. This information is really valuable, and helps us determine what might be happening.

I know this has been a frustrating issue, and I can assure you we are working on a resolution.

We really appreciate your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos