cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subscription through Apple transfers between accounts

watsontcbc
Local Performer

OK, I don't understand what Pandora just did here. Their incredibly irritating constant subscription pop-ups on my iPhone are not only distracting they are dangerous when driving - when I am simply touching to act on a song of something simply (an act as simply as hitting a radio-button on the car), they throw up this intrusive pop-up begging for subscription. Yesterday while on the road I was touching my Pandora app to skip a song and this despicable subscription popup appears while I was in motion and it implemented some change I was not asking for. Now I get these three emails as a result: 

1. congratulating me on getting an ad-free account

2. one stating: You've successfully applied a Pandora Plus subscription to your Pandora account.

3. the last stating: Your Pandora Plus subscription has been transferred to another Pandora account.

I do not understand what happened and what these mean. I do not understand how much they are going to charge me. 

We have another Pandora account under another email for my wife. My account is paid via iTunes, her account is paid via Pandora. 

For my account I have opted to remain a free account with ads since I don't want to pay the ridiculous Family account extortion pricing, and I only listen in the car anyway so the ads don't bother me (it's still better than radio...). 

I see no charges regarding this change in either account -- YET. I have no idea what they are going to charge though.

Pandora please explain what's going on. You started this with your ******* subscription pop-up.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@watsontcbc Nice to see you around the Community. 👋🏽

It looks like a Pandora subscription was transferred to your Pandora account from another Pandora account. Transferring of subscriptions occurs when one or two people are signed in with the same Apple ID, but different Pandora accounts. This can happen if you share your Apple ID with anyone, or use the same Apple ID to purchase apps on two iOS devices. A subscription purchased with a particular Apple ID can only be applied to one Pandora account at a time.

So although your wife may have purchased a subscription through Apple on her device, it's also possible for the subscription to get transferred to your device if you are signed in with the same Apple ID.

Rest assured, however, that this transfer has not incurred a charge. To prevent this from happening in the future, I would either create a separate Apple account for yourself or your wife to use moving forward.

You can get in touch directly with Apple support if you need additional assistance with that.

I hope this is helpful. Please let us know if you have any more questions or concerns.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
23 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@watsontcbc Nice to see you around the Community. 👋🏽

It looks like a Pandora subscription was transferred to your Pandora account from another Pandora account. Transferring of subscriptions occurs when one or two people are signed in with the same Apple ID, but different Pandora accounts. This can happen if you share your Apple ID with anyone, or use the same Apple ID to purchase apps on two iOS devices. A subscription purchased with a particular Apple ID can only be applied to one Pandora account at a time.

So although your wife may have purchased a subscription through Apple on her device, it's also possible for the subscription to get transferred to your device if you are signed in with the same Apple ID.

Rest assured, however, that this transfer has not incurred a charge. To prevent this from happening in the future, I would either create a separate Apple account for yourself or your wife to use moving forward.

You can get in touch directly with Apple support if you need additional assistance with that.

I hope this is helpful. Please let us know if you have any more questions or concerns.

0 Kudos

baker2
Local Performer

We pay premium. My wife and I both get commercials.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@baker2 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Subscription through Apple transfers between accounts

It looks like your subscription purchased through Apple is getting transferred back and forth between your account, and another one.

Someone from our support team will be reaching out to you privately via email to provide additional info around this.

Please keep an eye out for their message.

0 Kudos

Jjbcolorado
Local Performer

I got a Sonos speaker in the account that was set up on there is a basic account I paid for it already I pay $12 a month. First thing is both my accounts now have started over to the non-pay I’m not sure I am so confused at this point I need to speak to somebody in person if possible. Long time Pandora subscriber ever since I brought my Sonos into it it has complicated things please help

Moderator Edit: Removed Personal Info

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Jjbcolorado I moved your post over to this existing thread: Subscription through Apple transfers between accounts

It looks like the one subscription you purchased through Apple is getting transferred back and forth between two different accounts.

Someone from our support team will be reaching out to you privately via email to provide additional info around this.

0 Kudos

wdgraham
Local Performer

I can't access my Premium Subscription with my laptop and iPhone. I access it just fine on my iPad.

what's up with that?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@wdgraham I moved your post over to this existing thread: Subscription through Apple transfers between accounts

It looks like the one subscription you purchased through Apple is getting transferred back and forth between two different accounts.

0 Kudos

Carl67
Local Performer

Turned on Pandora app. And was requested to sign in. Account still shows as premium however it is empty. No playlists, no stations, no offline stations. Nothing.  

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Carl67 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Subscription through Apple transfers between accounts

It looks like you have two different Pandora accounts registered under two different email addresses.

The subscription you purchased through Apple is getting transferred back and forth between these two accounts.

0 Kudos

Sadie61
Local Performer

Please help.  I am hearing commercials while playing Pandora Premium on Sonos Speakers.  I am certain, I am logged into the correct account.  Capital One is one of the commercials I hear a lot.  I see you've been able to correct for others.  Please help!  

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Sadie61. 👋

Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. To keep everything organized, I moved your post over to this existing thread: Subscription through Apple transfers between accounts

Looks like your subscription is being transferred between two Pandora accounts under different email addresses. I've gone ahead and created an email case for you with our support team. Someone has reached out to you - if you don't see the email soon, please be sure to check your spam / junk folder to make sure it didn't end up there. 📬

Thanks for your patience during this process. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Pandora AMP is at SXSW '24 this week. Come say hi!
0 Kudos

AlafiaH
Local Performer

My account is requesting renewal every month. This is a new occurrence and I’m worried that I’m being charged multiple times for the same subscription. I need this looked into please.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@AlafiaH I moved your post over to this existing thread: Subscription through Apple transfers between accounts

It looks like you have two different Pandora accounts registered under two different email addresses.

The subscription you purchased through Apple is getting transferred back and forth between these two accounts.

0 Kudos

MickyMouse
Local Performer

I switched from my Wife's act. to my own, using my info. I signed up for Pandora Plus @ $12.99/mo. 

I am getting commercials. And there is a message indicating the subscription expires Oct 22, 2022. I'm assuming this is residual info from my Wife's old act. 

Confused and frustrated there is no customer service.  Hoping his Post might help.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MickyMouse I do see you have an open case with our support team regarding this issue.

Please keep an eye out for their email reply, and they will be happy to further assist.

Thanks for being a part of the Community!

0 Kudos

Youngscrew6668
Local Performer

I’ve paid for premium and I haven’t received the benefits of unlimited skips and song replays and also artists only stations 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Youngscrew6668 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Subscription through Apple transfers between accounts

0 Kudos

mikekunstman1
Local Performer

I've had pandora premium for years.  It recently stopped working and is treating my like I don't have premium.  I get commercials and don't have off-line listening capabilities.  I cancelled my plan and re-subscribed and its still the same.  I've rebooted my phone and that didnt help.  I've received my receipt for my new subscription but still doesnt work.  What gives?    

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mikekunstman1 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Subscription through Apple transfers between accounts

0 Kudos