cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch to Premium Family while on Google sub

Harquero
Local Performer

I have been on the Pandora premium plan for a couple of years and want to upgrade to a Family plan so my kids can create accounts.  However, based on the research I have done, I have to CANCEL my subscription on Google Play and then wait for the monthly subscription to expire before upgrading?  Can someone please confirm if this is the case?  E.g. there has to be a way to just upgrade the plan immediately.  thanks!

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Harquero Joining or upgrading to a Pandora Premium Family subscription is currently not possible through third-party vendors (e.g., iTunes or Google Play).

If you're interested in subscribing to Pandora Premium Family, or in joining someone else's family plan, you'll need to cancel your current subscription through Google Play and wait for it to expire.

Once you begin to hear ads on your account again, you can sign up for Pandora Premium Family from a computer, not a mobile device.

Please note that you must be at least 21 years of age to purchase a Pandora Premium Family subscription as the master account holder.

Hope this helps explain.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

@EZ If you are currently signed up for an annual subscription to Pandora Premium, and want to switch over to the family plan immediately, then you should be able to do so.

For more information on how you can switch to the family plan, you can refer to the steps on this page listed under How do I upgrade to Family Plan?

Thanks for being a part of the community! 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
91 Replies

EZ
Local Performer

I know for a fact that's exactly what you have to do to switch to a yearly subscription. But now I'm in your boat... I want the family account but not sure what i have to do. I don't want wait a whole year before me and my daughter can have our own account. He musis is driving me crazy!!! I'll let u know if i get anywhere with this.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Harquero Joining or upgrading to a Pandora Premium Family subscription is currently not possible through third-party vendors (e.g., iTunes or Google Play).

If you're interested in subscribing to Pandora Premium Family, or in joining someone else's family plan, you'll need to cancel your current subscription through Google Play and wait for it to expire.

Once you begin to hear ads on your account again, you can sign up for Pandora Premium Family from a computer, not a mobile device.

Please note that you must be at least 21 years of age to purchase a Pandora Premium Family subscription as the master account holder.

Hope this helps explain.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

@EZ If you are currently signed up for an annual subscription to Pandora Premium, and want to switch over to the family plan immediately, then you should be able to do so.

For more information on how you can switch to the family plan, you can refer to the steps on this page listed under How do I upgrade to Family Plan?

Thanks for being a part of the community! 

0 Kudos

Harquero
Local Performer

OK thanks...and i will not lose any of my downloads or settings on my current pandora app once the premium expires before I can upgrade to family plan?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Harquero While your collection (stations/playlists/songs/albums) and playback history will be stored in our servers for when you return to Pandora Premium, your downloaded content for offline mode won't be.

You will need to re-download any offline content after canceling your individual Premium subscription, and upgrading to the family plan.

Hope this helps clarify, and hope we continue to see you around the community!

0 Kudos

Genevievewayman
Local Performer

I have tried like five or six times to just simply cancel resubscribe to the family plan am I really going to have to wait another month just to get this to work I love Pandora but I am pulling my hair out over this

Moderator Edit: Changed title for clarity

~☆Forget~Me~Not☆~

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Genevievewayman!

Sounds like you're upgraded through a third-party vendor.

Joining or upgrading to a Pandora Premium Family subscription is currently not possible through third-party vendors (e.g., Apple or Google Play). If you're interested in subscribing to Pandora Premium Family, or in joining someone else's family plan, you'll need to cancel your current subscription and wait for it to expire.

Once you begin to hear ads on your account again, you can sign up for Pandora Premium Family here from a computer, not a mobile device.

*Please note that you must be at least 21 years of age to purchase a Pandora Premium Family subscription as the master account holder.*

Here's more information about how to manage your subscription and view your expiration date through third-party vendors.

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

Provenza2014
Local Performer
We have enjoyed listening to Pandora for many years and want to upgrade from Pandora Plus to Pandora Family Premium plan WITHOUT going through the cancel process. Please help as we want to complete this upgrade today, October 31, 2019. Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Provenza2014 Unfortunately, that is not possible as our support team has confirmed that you are currently upgraded to Pandora Plus through Apple.

If you're interested in subscribing to Pandora Premium Family, or in joining someone else's family plan, you'll need to cancel your current subscription through Apple and wait for it to expire.

Hope this helps explain.

0 Kudos

Jeanine
Local Performer

I cancelled through Google, I am hearing ads, and I still cannot upgrade to the premuim family account. Why can't you make this easier? Or at least have a chat box where a real human can help me.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Jeanine Can you confirm that you are attempting to upgrade through our website, vs. through the app?

In order to sign up for the family plan subscription, you will need to do so from here.

Let me know if you continue to run into issues with this. 

0 Kudos

McElroyg
Local Performer
I currently subscribe to premium via Google play. I need to switch to family plan. I have canceled my Google plan in hopes of being able to resubscribe under new family plan. Apparently, I can not convert to family plan until my paid period ends in Feb. I don't care about the paid 2-3 weeks remaining. Is there a way to force a cancelation and resubscribe without waiting? I'd really like to get this setup immediately, I don't care about the lost few dollars. Any suggestions?

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@McElroyg I moved your post to this thread to keep the community tidy.

Someone from our User Support team will be contacting you separately via email.

Keep an eye out for their message and they'll be happy to look into this further with you.

Thanks for posting on the community! 🎧

0 Kudos

glanzo
Local Performer

I currently subscribe to Pandora Premium through Google Play. I want to upgrade to Premium Family. I believe I have to cancel my subscription through Google Play and subscribe through Pandora since Premium Family is currently not available through Google Play. I've read that playlists, albums and songs will be available when I re-subscribe. My concern is downloaded songs for offline listening. Will I lose downloaded songs that I currently have on my phone?

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@glanzo Unfortunately, when downgrading and resubscribing, you will be required to re-download any content you had saved for offline listening. 

Hope this helps clarify!

0 Kudos

Katherine1
Local Performer

Hello, 

I have cancelled my subscription to Pandora through my Google Play app, trying to sign up for a Family plan instead and it's not an option through Google Play.  My subscription does not show in Google Play (I only have one account) but online my Pandora Subscription says I am still subscribed through Google Play. 

Please help... it shouldn't be so difficult to give you my money... 

Thank you! 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Katherine1 It sounds like you may have more than one Google Play profile, or another Google Play account under an alternate email address.

I'd recommend making sure you're signed into the Google Play profile your subscription was purchased under. 

You should then be able to cancel your current subscription through their service.

In the meantime, someone from our User Support team will be contacting you via email to help make sure this gets set up.

Keep an eye out for their message.

Thanks for being a part of the community! 🎶

Mmashark
Local Performer

This is absolutely the most asinine, incompetent process I have ever heard of. Cancel and wait for my account to expire? Is everyone at Pandora mentally challenged?!? Just upgrade our stinking accounts when we request it. This isn't 1995, Get a clue Pandora!

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Mmashark Thank you for your feedback - at this time, joining or upgrading to a Pandora Premium Family subscription is currently not possible through third-party vendors such as Google Play.

If you'd like to see the option to switch to the family plan through Google Play, I recommend creating a feature request for your suggestion here

We apologize for any inconvenience around this. 

0 Kudos

Sarah607389
Local Performer

I currently have pandora premium. I tried to upgrade to the family plan and I accidentally started a free trial under a different email, I tried to cancel the trial but it keeps taking me to my current subscription. Which I dont want to cancel. I want to upgrade under current premium email, so I dont lose my playlists. 

0 Kudos