cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching billing method from PayPal to Pandora

Myriamele
Local Performer

I received a notification last month that my payment method wasn't working, but, the card information was all correct, and any other payments I was making were working fine.  Since I didn't want to have to deal with this again, I went ahead and changed my payment method to Paypal, however, I don't want to use Paypal, I want to go back to using my debit card.  I am unable to change it in the subscription section of my account - I've tried using the help info in the faq, but that isn't working, because when I try to change my subscription, so I can get to the account information, all it does is change the subscription, and doesn't allow me to access the payment method.

Moderator Edit: Changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
62 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jonnygarber Thanks for sharing your feedback.

Once you switch over to a direct-billed subscription (rather than through PayPal), you won't have to go that route anymore. You'll be able to update your billing method directly through our website without having to cancel first.

Thanks for your continued support! 

0 Kudos

jpholm04
Local Performer

Long time listener. I have a discounted price on my subscription of a $1.00 off. I want to change my payment method, but it looks like I have to unsubscribe and start over. I don't want to lose my discount. What can I do to change payment method and not lose my discount?  

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jpholm04 I will have someone from our support team reach out to you privately via email to help look into this further.

Please keep an eye out for their message. 📬

0 Kudos

ed33
Local Performer

This has to be the most idiotic process I've ever seen for changing your billing information. Seriously, Pandora? Is your entire back-end system held together with bubble gum and duct tape? 1995 called. They want your billing system code back.

mdx9668
Local Performer

If I 'cancel' my subscription just to change billing method, will I lose my current Pandora playlist and have to start all over again?   I am currently paying through Paypal using a Wells Fargo card.  I merely wish to have Paypal charge another card for my Pandora account.

How do I make the switch??

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mdx9668 If all you want to do is update the credit card on your PayPal account, you won't actually have to cancel your subscription.

Check out PayPal's How do I add, update or remove a card help page for more details.

If you need further help with your PayPal account, you can also contact them directly.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

If you'd prefer to stop payments through PayPal, and instead sign up for a subscription through Pandora, this will not result in the loss of any of your stations or preferences.

Hope this helps clarify! 

0 Kudos

rodneybla
Local Performer

How do I change my auto-renewal from Paypal?  I am sure this answered in here somewhere but none of the treads I have seen answer the questions.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@rodneybla I moved your post over to this existing thread: Switching billing method from PayPal to Pandora

For instructions on how to switch your billing method to a credit card, check out the accepted solution to this thread.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

jesusinfaith4yo
Local Performer

I want to use my regular payment method and that is my master card 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jesusinfaith4yo You should be able to upgrade using your preferred billing method now that your account is set to the free service.

You can upgrade here.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

petriejenkins
Local Performer

How to change from PayPal to credit card?

There seems to be no actual way to change my payment method. It's stuck on PayPal and gives me no option to edit.  I've tried everything I can think of, if I can't change it, I'm just going to spotify.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@petriejenkins I moved your post over to this existing thread: Switching billing method from PayPal to Pandora

For instructions on how to switch your billing method to a credit card, check out the accepted solution to this thread.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Cyrano_deBird
Local Performer

No it doesn't help...it's just REALLY, REALLY, STUPID that you can't provide a change in payment method for renewal without requiring me to let my subscription expire (and all of carefully curated playlists expire with it)!  I can't think of another on-line service I subscribe to that won't let me change my renewal payment method without dropping their service first!  HIRE BETTER IT MANAGERS! I need to look into Spotify...this is insane...

0 Kudos

bbflux
Local Performer

I have deleted my PayPal account and have NO IDEA how to add a credit card to my Pandora account. How do I add my credit card and REMOVE PayPal as my payment method?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@bbflux I moved your post over to this existing thread: Switching billing method from PayPal to Pandora

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

bbflux
Local Performer
So I have to wait until next June to do this? Sounds a bit archaic.

Sent from Dr. Fiallo's iPhone.
0 Kudos

nekocasefans
Local Performer

this very poor solution and it still has not been solved to make it easier. Makes me re think subscribing! 

0 Kudos

cheepyface
Underground

I cancelled my Paypal. I need to update my payment method, but going under "Settings" and clicking on "Subscription" and "Switch Plan" doesn't let me update out of Paypal. It just tells me "You already have this plan." 

I don't want to change to a more expensive plan, I'd really like to just keep paying my $5 a month. Help.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@cheepyface I moved your post over to this existing thread: Switching billing method from PayPal to Pandora

You will need to wait for your current subscription through PayPal to fully expire before you can resubscribe using a new payment method.

For more information on how to switch your billing method to a credit card, check out the accepted solution to this thread.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Cyrano_deBird
Local Performer
This issue was resolved almost a year ago. I'm good now.
0 Kudos