cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching from Google Play to Student Plan

ShadowLady23
Local Performer

I canceled my google play subscription but it says I'm still subscribed via the play store. I am trying to switch over to the student plan. Need be I can show proof that my subscription is canceled. Is there anyone that can help me?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Hi @ReDragoNRG thanks for posting to community!

It looks like your account is currently upgraded to Pandora Plus through Google Play.

Joining or upgrading to a Pandora Premium Student is currently not possible through third-party vendors (e.g., Apple or Google Play).

If you're interested in subscribing to Pandora Premium Student, you'll need to cancel your current subscription and wait for it to expire. You can find steps to cancel your current subscription here.

Once you begin to hear ads on your account again, you can apply for the student rate from our website.

Please keep in mind that once you've successfully upgraded to this reduced rate, your account will no longer be eligible for any additional trial offers.  The balance of any prior offers you accepted (such as a free trial) will be forfeited and you will immediately be charged for your new subscription.

Thanks again for posting to community! 🎧

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
18 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ShadowLady23 You will need to wait until your subscription through Google Play fully expires before you can switch to the student plan.

Once you begin to hear ads on your account again, you can apply for the student rate from our website.

Please keep in mind that once you've successfully upgraded to this reduced rate, your account will no longer be eligible for any additional trial offers.  The balance of any prior offers you accepted (such as a free trial) will be forfeited and you will immediately be charged for your new subscription.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further trouble.

ShadowLady23
Local Performer

My Pandora Plus has not run out yet when I had paid for it on the 30th of September. Why can I not switch over to the student discount?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ShadowLady23 To view your expiration date from your Android device:

• Launch the Google Play Store app.
  • Tap the menu icon at the top left of the screen (3 horizontal lines), then Account.
  • Then find Pandora under Subscriptions.

If you have any trouble with these steps, you can get in touch with the Google Play support team here.

Once your account reverts back to the free service, you can then sign up for the student plan. 

0 Kudos

ReDragoNRG
Local Performer

I verified that I'm a student to get premium for $5 a month but it never upgraded. 
I had upgraded to Plus for $5, but never got premium for students.  

mod edit: changing title for clarity

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @ReDragoNRG thanks for posting to community!

It looks like your account is currently upgraded to Pandora Plus through Google Play.

Joining or upgrading to a Pandora Premium Student is currently not possible through third-party vendors (e.g., Apple or Google Play).

If you're interested in subscribing to Pandora Premium Student, you'll need to cancel your current subscription and wait for it to expire. You can find steps to cancel your current subscription here.

Thanks again for posting to community! 🎧

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

wesf24
Local Performer

I would like to activate Pandora Student Premium, but I cannot because I was suckered into getting Pandora plus and now there seems to be an error and the Pandora website won't allow me to activate the student premium option. 

I am a student and this would be a great service to me.

My question is how do I completely remove my Pandora plus subscription through google play fairly immediately. Because I think the system is keeping me from activating the student premium because I'm still technically "subscribed" to Pandora plus while it expires after I've already deactivated it.

Thanks!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@wesf24 I had our support team immediately remove that free trial through Google Play from your account.

You can now apply for the student rate from our website.

Hope this helps! 😁

wesf24
Local Performer

Sorry for the late response, thank you so much! 😊

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

No problem at all, @wesf24. Sounds like you were able to get things sorted out. 

Happy listening! 🎶

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@wesf24 Always happy to help! 😎

0 Kudos

Minders78
Local Performer

If I am already a premium member can I still get the student discount

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Minders78! Thanks for posting to community. 

I moved your message over to an existing thread: Switching from Google Play to Student Plan

It looks like your account is currently upgraded through Google Play.

Joining or upgrading to a Pandora Premium Student plan is currently not possible through third-party vendors (e.g., Apple or Google Play).

If you're interested in subscribing to Pandora Premium Student you'll need to cancel your current subscription and wait for it to expire. You can find steps to cancel your current subscription here.

Thanks for being part of community!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

bclstuntman
Local Performer

I have been using Plus for years and am looking to upgrade, utilizing the sixty day free trial of Premium. I am worried that I will lose my stations and data that I currently have. I am also a student looking to utilize the discount. I was redirected by the website to cancel my subscription because it is through Google. Will I lose everything that I currently have in there (ie my stations and thumbed-up songs)? Will all of my data be there should I decide to upgrade or stay the same?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@bclstuntman I moved your post over to this existing thread: Switching from Google Play to Student Plan

Canceling your subscription through Google Play to switch over to the Student Plan will not result in the loss of any of your stations or thumbed up tracks.

All of your account preferences will remain in tact, and nothing will be lost in the process.

If you're still interested in subscribing to Pandora Premium Student, you'll need to cancel your current subscription and wait for it to expire. You can find steps to cancel your current subscription here.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Local Performer

I recently signed up for the student plan. My understanding is that I received Pandora Premium, which is ad-free and create my own Playlist. But after I signed up, I was still getting ads, I couldn't create my own Playlists, and was getting a message to upgrade. It wasn't until I committed the Premium plan at the $9.99 price that I got the ad-free, create Playlist options. Will I be charged the $4.99 student fee or that it is not for Pandora Premium. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@120975 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Switching from Google Play to Student Plan

To clarify, it looks like you actually signed up for an individual Pandora Premium subscription through Google Play - not the student plan.

I have created a ticket with our support team for you so that they can help you get set up with the correct plan.

Please keep an eye out for their email. 📬

0 Kudos

Local Performer

I just let my subscription through the third party latest, went to the website to renew my subscription through student permium level subscription; expecting to get ad-free, unlimited Playlists, and play what I want options. But I didn't receive that and  it is still saying I have  to upgrade.  Why don't  I get the same  as premium status as a student price? 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@120975 I checked on my end, and it doesn't appear the Pandora account connected to your Community profile is upgraded yet.

You can now apply for the student rate from our website.

Let me know if you continue to run into issues with this.

0 Kudos