cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble upgrading with Paypal

IJustWannaAsk
Local Performer

Upgrade Fails Silently - Windows 10 / Firefox / Paypal

I am trying to upgrade to Pandora Plus from a free account that I've had for years. I am using Windows 10 with Firefox as my browser. I am trying to pay using Paypal. The email that I use to login to Pandora is different from the email that I use with Paypal.

When I select Paypal, the popup window appears. I login to Paypal, select my method of payment (existing balance, if it makes any difference). When I complete the Paypal piece, Pandora takes me back to a blue page. The word "Pandora" appears momentarily, and then goes away. No error message. No indication of progress other than the incessant rotating donut. If I reload the page, I get to see the "Pandora" word again, but then it's right back to the  blue page and rotating donut.

Checking my Paypal account afterward, there is no indication of my purchase.

Please help me to give Pandora my money 🙂

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@IJustWannaAsk Have you tried upgrading using a different browser yet? 

If not, I recommend using Google Chrome or Internet Explorer to see if the issue you are running into is specific to Firefox.

You should be able to upgrade here.

Let me know how it goes.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@IJustWannaAsk Have you tried upgrading using a different browser yet? 

If not, I recommend using Google Chrome or Internet Explorer to see if the issue you are running into is specific to Firefox.

You should be able to upgrade here.

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

IJustWannaAsk
Local Performer

Thanks for the quick reply. Indeed, using Chrome solved the problem. (I did change one thing: Rather than pay with Paypal funds, I directed to a credit card.)

May I offer a suggestion? If you can't make the process work cleanly with Firefox, why not detect the browser when the "Upgrade" button is clicked, and if Firefox, put up a message telling the user that it won't work with Firefox. That could help to save some frustration on the part of your users, and maybe save a few upgrade sales.

Again, thank you for your quick response to my query. Upgrade complete!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@IJustWannaAsk While you should have been able to upgrade using Firefox, I wanted to first make sure it wasn't an issue that was reproducible across all browsers.

If you ever run into any other issues streaming Pandora while using Firefox, it may help to run through these suggested troubleshooting steps: Firefox Troubleshooting

That being said, I'm happy to hear you were able to get everything set up and your account upgraded.

Feel free to reach back out if you ever have any other questions.

Enjoy the music! 🎧

0 Kudos