cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to Pandora Premium Family Plan

mschooler723
Local Performer

I would like to upgrade my account to the Premium Family Plan but want to join my wife's account to it, so she can use her playlists/account as if there were no real difference except she gets the Premium features. Is this possible?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mschooler723 Nice to see you around the community.

Yes - this is exactly how the family plan works.

Upgrading to the family plan means that you and up to five other accounts can enjoy all of the benefits of Pandora Premium, while keeping your individual Pandora accounts.

If you're already a paying subscriber, we'll automatically prorate the cost of your first Pandora Premium Family payment to reflect the remainder of the subscription period you've already paid for.

If you’re ready to upgrade to Pandora Premium Family, you’ll need to log into your Pandora account from a computer, not a mobile device. Then visit this link and select Switch Plans to find your Pandora Premium Family plan options. 

Please note that once you've completed upgrading through our website you will need to manage your subscription from a computer.

Additionally, you must be at least 21 years of age to purchase this subscription and be the master account holder.

I hope this helps!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mschooler723 Nice to see you around the community.

Yes - this is exactly how the family plan works.

Upgrading to the family plan means that you and up to five other accounts can enjoy all of the benefits of Pandora Premium, while keeping your individual Pandora accounts.

If you're already a paying subscriber, we'll automatically prorate the cost of your first Pandora Premium Family payment to reflect the remainder of the subscription period you've already paid for.

If you’re ready to upgrade to Pandora Premium Family, you’ll need to log into your Pandora account from a computer, not a mobile device. Then visit this link and select Switch Plans to find your Pandora Premium Family plan options. 

Please note that once you've completed upgrading through our website you will need to manage your subscription from a computer.

Additionally, you must be at least 21 years of age to purchase this subscription and be the master account holder.

I hope this helps!

0 Kudos

mschooler723
Local Performer

Does it matter if one was paid for through Google and the other through Pandora?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mschooler723 Yes - joining or upgrading to a Pandora Premium Family subscription is currently not possible through third-party vendors (e.g. Google Play).

Since your account is billed directly through Pandora, you should be able to switch to the family plan and become the master account holder.

If your wife's account is currently upgraded through Google Play, she will need to first cancel her current subscription and wait for it to expire.

She can find instructions to cancel on this help page article, listed under Cancel my Google Play-billed subscription or trial.

Once she begins to hear ads on her account again, she should then be able to accept the invitation you send her to join your plan.

Hope this helps clarify. 

0 Kudos

mnkbne5253
Local Performer

@AdamPandora I have a few questions for you and I need straight answers because this will depend on if I will purchase the family plan or not. 

So first question, do I need multiple emails for this family plan? or can I use just one email and be able to play different stations off each of my google homes without it saying "someone else is using this account"? And yes I've done a lot research on our google homes and on casting but your casting **ahem**. I can not cast off of my work phone without Pandora freaking out and shutting down after playing 5 songs. That needs to be fixed immediately, why I say that is because I've read almost every complaint and comment about it on the community.  My boss has been using pandora for a long time and she likes you guys but she is picky on if she should do this or not and I personally do not want to upset her because she doesn't like the idea of switching music s     

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @mnkbne5253 

Upgrading to the Family Plan means that you and up to five other accounts can enjoy all of the benefits of Pandora Premium, while keeping your individual Pandora accounts.

As long as each person on the family plan is on their own account, you can all listen to Pandora at the same time. However, you still won't be allowed to play music from a single Pandora account on multiple devices simultaneously.

Each Pandora account on your family plan can only stream from one device at a time (unless you are routing the audio into a system with multiple speakers, such as a Sonos system).

Thanks for sharing your experience with Chromecast. I understand how frustrating this can be. I've included your information on our ticket and passed this along to our engineering team who are working hard to resolve this. 

Thanks for being part of community! 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

imjhoskins
Underground

Want to confirm upgrading from the annual plus plan to the premium family plan will still prorate with the unused months of my annual plus subscription.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@imjhoskins Yes - if you're already a paying subscriber, we'll automatically prorate the cost of your first Premium Family payment to reflect the remainder of the subscription period you've already paid for.

To upgrade to Premium Family, you'll need to log into your Pandora account and visit the subscription details page.

Additionally, you must be at least 21 years of age to purchase this subscription and be the primary account holder.

If you're using a computer: 

• You'll need to make sure you're logged into your Pandora account and go to your subscription details page.
  • Next, click on Switch Plans. 

If you're using a mobile device:

• Go to the Pandora website.
  • Select the menu icon (three horizontal lines) in the top left. Then tap Subscription. (Log in to your account if prompted.)
  • From your Subscription details page select Switch Plans.

I hope this helps. We appreciate your continued support. 

0 Kudos