cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billed by Google - Switch from Plus to Premium

realLT
Underground

I'm 100% convinced it is impossible to upgrade to pandora premium.  I can't do it through google play - it's not an option.  I can cancel my subscription, change my credit card, set up a backup payment method, but I can't upgrade my subscription.  I can't do it through my android app, it just directs me to use my pandora android app.  I can't do it through my windows app, again it just directs me to use my pandora android app.

Am I missing something or is Pandora missing out on the potential revenue of all 100 of us that would upgrade?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
59 Replies

Brie1
Local Performer

I am currently on Pandora Plus, my friend just gifted me the Premium subscription. It won't let me activate it because I have a Plus subscription, but it won't let me cancel it. I keep getting the run around. I JUST WANT TO CANCEL ONE SUBSCRIPTION SO I CAN ACTIVATE THE OTHER!!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Brie1 I have created a ticket with our support team for you.

They will be contacting you privately via email to help look into this further, so please keep an eye out for their message.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

Brie1
Local Performer

Thank you so much for your help. My friend and I REALLY appreciate it!! 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Always happy to help, @Brie1. 😁

0 Kudos

111Racing
Local Performer

Same issue I'm having 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@111Racing I have created a ticket with our support team for you.

They will be contacting you privately via email to help look into this further, so please keep an eye out for their message.

0 Kudos

derikarchibald
Local Performer

I hope reviving this thread is legit. I am having the same issue as the person you helped here. I would like to go through the same process. Let me know what you need from me!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@derikarchibald Since you are currently upgraded via Google Play, you can follow the instructions provided in the accepted solution to this thread to switch to Pandora Premium.

If you run into any issues upgrading, you can contact our support team directly for further assistance here.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

derikarchibald
Local Performer

When I attempt to upgrade via Google Play I get a notification that I purchased Pandora with Google Play and I need to upgrade via Google Play. It is like there is a glitch or something. I will contact the support team. Thanks for your reply!

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

No problem at all, @derikarchibald.

I do see you've submitted a message to our support team through our help page.

Please keep an eye out for their email reply, and they will be happy to further assist.

0 Kudos

Dennis9595
Local Performer

I had 2 accounts yesterday I worked with someone from Pandora and we cancelled one and there is 1 open. I go to thumbs up it plays premium for about 4 songs and cuts out on me. Can you help me. I think we need to re-instate the premium on the open account.

0 Kudos

Dennis9595
Local Performer

Is it done. I don't know what just happened

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Dennis9595 Glad to hear things are back up and running again.

If you have any additional questions, please make sure to reply back directly to the email our support team sent you, and they will be happy to further assist.

Thanks for being a part of the Community!

0 Kudos

thenanny101
Local Performer

I am trying to upgrade from Plus to Premium but it says I have to go to my android account to upgrade. I am on my android account when I am trying to upgrade. I tried on the computer too and same thing. My Pandora account is through google play. How do I actually upgrade my account?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@thenanny101 I moved your post into this existing thread: Billed by Google - Switch from Plus to Premium

Since you are currently upgraded via Google Play, you can follow the instructions provided in the accepted solution to this thread to switch to Pandora Premium.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

trippymfkitty
Local Performer

I've tried all of the above steps and it's not working

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@trippymfkitty It looks like your account is now set back to the free service.

If you'd like to upgrade to Pandora Premium, you can do so here.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Crash195x2
Local Performer

I want everyone to know how to solve this since for some god forsaken reason no one here gives the exact steps to remedy the issue.

If you have a second or even third Google account added to your Android device that happens to have an associated Pandora account, even a free one, you need to remove that Google account profile from your Android device, upgrade to Pandora Premium using the normal steps.  Then add the removed Google account back to your device.  Why support staff in this thread just say your not using you main Google account when we all are I don't know.  This is an obvious bug in the Pandora app when someone has more than one Google account added to the phone and both have an associated Pandora account.  

0 Kudos

Luckydawg64
Underground

Did you ever end up with premium? Having the same issue but I’m trying to do it on iSO. 

Won't let me upgrade to premium. Do I have to cancel plus and subscribe again? If so thats lame. One note, I originally down loaded the free app on my android through google play and now have switch that same account to an iOS. 

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Luckydawg64 I have created a ticket with our support team for you.

0 Kudos