cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will we lose stations and account data when upgrading to Premium Family?

Corecat77
Local Performer

My wife, son, and I have separate Pandora accounts. One is a free account the other two are paid.  We are thinking about getting the Premium Family plan under my wife’s paid account.  Will my son lose all of his lists and thumbs ups if he gets added to the Family account, or is there a way to pull his existing account into the family one?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Corecat77 Nice to see you around the Community. 👋🏽

That would actually work out perfectly.

Upgrading to the Family Plan means that you and up to five other accounts can enjoy all of the benefits of Pandora Premium, while keeping your individual Pandora accounts.

So if your wife upgrades her account, and then sends your son an invitation to join, just make sure he accepts the invitation on his existing account, and does not create a new one.

That way, all of his stations and preferences will transfer over.

I hope this clarifies things a bit! Let me know if you continue to run into issues with this when the time comes.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Corecat77 Nice to see you around the Community. 👋🏽

That would actually work out perfectly.

Upgrading to the Family Plan means that you and up to five other accounts can enjoy all of the benefits of Pandora Premium, while keeping your individual Pandora accounts.

So if your wife upgrades her account, and then sends your son an invitation to join, just make sure he accepts the invitation on his existing account, and does not create a new one.

That way, all of his stations and preferences will transfer over.

I hope this clarifies things a bit! Let me know if you continue to run into issues with this when the time comes.

olmedajl
Local Performer

My wife and I have separate Pandora accounts and are thinking of upgrading to a family plan. Mine is a free plan and she currently has a premium subscription. If she cancels her subscription and I upgrade my free plan to the family plan using my e-mail and add her on, will she retain her stations and likes?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@olmedajl Yes - this is exactly how the Premium Family plan works.

Sorry for any confusion!

So if you upgrade to Premium Family, and add your wife to the plan, she will retain all of her stations/likes/preferences, as long as she is signing into her existing account, and doesn't create a new one.

Hope this helps!