cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Airplay with Roku

Charlesrwood
Local Performer

I’m not seeing my roku available as an option for airplay. If I have pandora playing on my phone I’m trying to airplay to my roku but for some reason can’t see the option to do it.  YouTube and other apps work just fine .

any ideas?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Charlesrwood. 👋

The AirPlay button will only show when another source is available on the network you are on. With that in mind, you can find the AirPlay button in a couple of different places:

• On the Now Playing screen, when the album art is full screen, the AirPlay icon will appear under the album art to the right of the track info.
  • Whether or not you are in the Pandora app, as long as it is playing you can access Airplay by swiping up from the bottom of your screen to reveal the Control Center and tapping on the Airplay icon there.

Once connected to Airplay, you can use Siri to control playback on Pandora. Pandora Premium and Pandora Premium Family listeners can ask Siri to play stations, Pandora generated playlists, albums, podcasts, and songs on Pandora. Free and Pandora Plus listeners can request their favorite stations.

++

In the meantime, I would recommend checking to make sure:

• The Pandora app on your iOS device is updated to the newest version of the Pandora app
  • Your Roku device software is updated

If you're unable to view Airplay while using your Roku, this feature may not be supported for this specific device when using Pandora. 

++

• Could you also post a screenshot on this thread to let me know what you're seeing when you attempt to connect to your Roku using AirPlay?
  • What is the model of your iPhone device (iPhone 7, etc)?
  • iOS version?

Thanks so much for your help with this! 📲

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Charlesrwood. 👋

The AirPlay button will only show when another source is available on the network you are on. With that in mind, you can find the AirPlay button in a couple of different places:

• On the Now Playing screen, when the album art is full screen, the AirPlay icon will appear under the album art to the right of the track info.
  • Whether or not you are in the Pandora app, as long as it is playing you can access Airplay by swiping up from the bottom of your screen to reveal the Control Center and tapping on the Airplay icon there.

Once connected to Airplay, you can use Siri to control playback on Pandora. Pandora Premium and Pandora Premium Family listeners can ask Siri to play stations, Pandora generated playlists, albums, podcasts, and songs on Pandora. Free and Pandora Plus listeners can request their favorite stations.

++

In the meantime, I would recommend checking to make sure:

• The Pandora app on your iOS device is updated to the newest version of the Pandora app
  • Your Roku device software is updated

If you're unable to view Airplay while using your Roku, this feature may not be supported for this specific device when using Pandora. 

++

• Could you also post a screenshot on this thread to let me know what you're seeing when you attempt to connect to your Roku using AirPlay?
  • What is the model of your iPhone device (iPhone 7, etc)?
  • iOS version?

Thanks so much for your help with this! 📲

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

Charlesrwood
Local Performer

3D57CD49-A618-46FD-BB98-8772B785186C.png

474FE74E-31F6-4558-BBFE-D98E368A79E2.jpeg

here are a couple of screen shots that I took.  When I use YouTube all my media devices on the network show up that I can stream to, however when I use Pandora I don’t see any of the devices.

the reason I’m trying to stream to my roku is that my roku is signed in under my name which means my stations, if my wife for example wants her stations she needs to search them and add them to my account or she needs to log into her account. Would be a lot easier if the iPhone/iPad could stream to the roku.

i am using the following devices

roku ultra 4

iphone max pro

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Charlesrwood Thanks so much for the helpful details.

I've checked in with our device team regarding your experience, and this isn't a feature with Roku devices. If you'd like to see this option implemented, I would recommend creating a feature request here.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience! 

0 Kudos