cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch: Endless buffering

Sdc2
Underground

Pandora plays fine on my iPhone but only buffers endlessly on my new Apple Watch. Frustrating because I bought the Apple Watch to run without my phone. I’ve tried all of the trouble shooting suggested in these posts. I’m about done. 

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
8 Replies

AlyssaPandora

Hi there, @Sdc2. 👋

Sorry to hear that you've had some trouble with buffering. Based on your message, it sounds like you've run through these steps: Apple Watching Troubleshooting

Could you provide me with a bit more information about your devices?

1. What iPhone model do you have?
  2. What version is your Apple Watch on? (Open the Watch app on your phone and go to General > AboutVersion)
  3. Does your Apple Watch have a cellular data plan? 

Let me know. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Moderator
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport

Sdc2
Underground

Thank you for your help. 

My phone is a 10xr and up to date.

My Apple Watch is new - 45mm running 8.6

I do have cellular. (Apple Music plays fine, but I prefer Pandora's algorithm)

AlyssaPandora

Thanks so much for getting back to me with that information, @Sdc2

I've gone ahead and shared this on an internal ticket with our engineering team. We appreciate your patience while they investigate. 🎧

TNF
Local Performer

Hello,

I have an Apple Watch 6 with cellular and an iPhone 13 Pro.  Both have the latest updates.  Recently I've started streaming Pandora on my watch during outdoor runs without my phone.  The watch app works fine until I use Pandora on my phone.  Once I use it on my phone I'm unable to use Pandora on just my watch.  It gets stuck in an endless buffering state.  My only remedy is to uninstall it on my watch then reinstall.  It works fine until I use it on my phone then I have to repeat the process.  I've tried restarting my watch, restarting my phone, turning off my phone and the only thing that has worked is uninstalling and reinstalling the app on my watch.  Is there something else I should be trying?  

Thank you! 

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora

Hi @TNF 👋

I've moved your post to an existing thread under: Apple Watch: Endless buffering

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing buffering issues while going out on your run. Based on your message, it seems like you've already tried the Apple Watch Troubleshooting steps.

Could you provide me with a bit more information about your watch?

1. What version is your Apple Watch on? (Open the Watch app on your phone and go to General > AboutVersion)

Let me know and I can share this with our engineering team.

Thanks! :pandora:

Gerald | Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Sdc2
Underground
I cancelled your service months ago. Seriously, you’re replying now??

Tight ship at off-brand Spotify…
0 Kudos

TNF
Local Performer

Hello, my watch is on version 8.7.

I look forward to your reply.

Thanks! 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Thanks so much for your reply, @TNF

I've gone ahead and shared this with our engineering team on your behalf. Thanks for your patience during this process. 🎧

0 Kudos