cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch: Endless buffering

Sdc2
Underground

Pandora plays fine on my iPhone but only buffers endlessly on my new Apple Watch. Frustrating because I bought the Apple Watch to run without my phone. I’ve tried all of the trouble shooting suggested in these posts. I’m about done. 

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
32 Replies

steelktm
Underground

So i've made sure that i've had the Apple Watch Pandora set to "watch" and just keep having the buffering issues. Yesterday it seems like this started about 3 songs into my run, and then i could only exit out of Pandora and hit "shuffle all" and play another song before it froze and buffered again.  On Monday this happened after the 2nd song.  Every time i'm making sure that the setting is set to "watch" however doesn't seem like that's fixing the issue.

0 Kudos

Mark991
Underground
Hello, I am no technical wizard by any sorts. But what I know is that somehow my watch switches from the watch to the iPhone all of the time so every time I want to listen to my earbuds and it goes into buffering. I have to remember to switch it back over to the watch setting. Unfortunately, I don’t know why you’re having issues if your watch is set, just a thought maybe shut your phone off and see if it still does it? Good luck.
0 Kudos

steelktm
Underground

I've checked that before going on my jogs, i am leaving my phone in my car (or at home) so there is no connection to the phone and the watch when doing these jogs. the watch is not on cellular either and it shows that i've got the music list downloaded onto my watch as i can scroll down and look at all the songs i've downloaded.

0 Kudos

linus1965
Local Performer

This fixed my problem!!! I am so grateful for this post. 

GeraldPandora
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus

Hi @linus1965, glad this worked out for you too! Thanks to @alaskaman77 for the workaround solution to this issue. 🎉

Happy Listening! 🎧

Gerald | Community Moderator
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport
0 Kudos

linus1965
Local Performer

This solved my probnlem!!! I am so happy!!! Thank you! Thank you! 

Mark991
Underground
You’re welcome, but I’m not the one that found it out. I read it from some other person. And thank God because I was losing my mind.

TxDeuce
Local Performer

No luck here Mark on my Ultra with your solution. Like you, multiple installs and reboots with no luck. Interesting side note, my watch had three downloaded stations before I stepped outside. When I untethered from my phone and Wi-Fi, the Ultra only showed one downloaded station. 

A solution to my buffering dilemma continues. Thanks. 

0 Kudos

TxDeuce
Local Performer

@alaskaman77 tip did not resolve my buffering. See side note I added on downloaded stations. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@TxDeuce If you haven't already done so, could you please run through these steps: Apple Watching Troubleshooting

If you continue to experience issue with this, could you provide me with a bit more information about your devices?

1. What iPhone model do you have?
  2. What version is your Apple Watch on? (Open the Watch app on your phone and go to General > AboutVersion)
  3. Does your Apple Watch have a cellular data plan? 

Thanks for working with me on this. 

0 Kudos

TxDeuce
Local Performer

Adam thanks for the reply. I previously followed the suggestions in the thread you sent with no luck resolving buffering issue.

I have an iPhone 13 Pro running IOS 16.3. My Apple Watch Ultra is running 9.3.  I have an active Verizon cellular plan. 

Any thoughts on the downloaded stations disappearing?

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora

Thanks for following up with your iPhone and Apple Watch device info @TxDeuce!

I've gone ahead and passed that information to an internal ticket we have open so our engineers can take a closer look at it. We appreciate your patience in the meantime!

+++

As to the offline stations that are disappearing on your apple watch, do you have the same stations downloaded on the Pandora app on your iPhone?

You'll need to keep your offline content downloaded on your iPhone within the Pandora app, if your offline content is removed from the Pandora app on your phone, it will be automatically removed from your Apple Watch.

If that's not the issue, let's try resetting the download process on your Apple Watch:

• Power off and restart your iPhone and Apple Watch.
  • Confirm your iPhone and Apple Watch are connected via Bluetooth and to the same Wi-Fi network.
  • Allow Pandora to refresh in background (Watch app on iPhone > General > Background App Refresh).
  • Dock your Apple Watch on its charger.

Hope this clarifies any confusion! Thank you for working with us and being patient while we investigate further! 🎧

Gerald | Community Moderator
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport
0 Kudos

TxDeuce
Local Performer

@alaskaman77 update on apple watch Ultra streaming Pandora.  I first made sure that my watch was selected as playing from.  I then went out this morning and first tried streaming a non-downloaded station with no luck.  I next went to my downloaded stations.  Each station would play 2-3 songs and then just stop playing and show paused.  I then went to my downloaded Apple Music stations and the music played just fine for my 45 minute run.  I checked my cellular coverage and I had full LTE with Verizon.  Thanks.

0 Kudos