cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch - Lost connection error message

christine2020
Underground

I just got the Apple Watch series 3 and I downloaded the Pandora app for the Apple Watch onto my watch.  I have a free Pandora account and I have my stations I regularly listen to. I have cellular and I can't get it to play the stations I listen too when on cellular. It always says lost connection and there is no way to bring back the station I was listening too. Even the options under stations on the watch are nothing I listen to. How do I play my music on cellular when there is no wifi or bluetooth. Thank you!

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
5 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@christine2020 Nice to see you around the community. 👋🏽

Currently, listeners that begin their Pandora sessions from a mobile device and then move out of range will encounter a message that indicates that the connection has been lost.

Apple Watch Series 3 or newer using the most recent version of our app can select Yes when prompted if they'd like to continue streaming from their watch.

Keep in mind that streaming independently of your phone requires cellular or wi-fi connectivity.

To clarify, does that "lost connection" error message pop up when you move away from your phone?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

christine2020
Underground

Thank you for your help! The watch does ask if I want to continue listening on my watch and I do try to select it. But nothing happens and the station I was listening to disappears.  The stations I listen to are under now playing on the desktop version of Pandora, but are not listed under stations on the watch.  I even tried seeing if I could save them under stations on my phone so I could see them on my watch and it didn’t work. Thank you!

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@christine2020 Sorry for the continued trouble.

I’ve enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what’s happening. For this trace to be useful, we’ll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps once more.

First, try restarting your iPhone and Apple Watch. Press and hold the side button to power it off, and then do the same to power it on again.

If you're still having trouble, try the following steps to uninstall and reinstall the Pandora app on your watch:

1. Go to the Watch app on iPhone.
  2. Scroll down and find Pandora.
  3. Tap Pandora then disable the Show App on Apple Watch toggle.
  4. Finally, switch the toggle back on to begin reinstalling the app.

Let me know how it goes.

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

christine2020
Underground

Thank you for your help! I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it. I powered off and on both the watch and the phone. It seems to be working better, but several times it has said lost connection and I had to go back in and restart my station. It also froze this morning during a commercial. Thank you!

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the update, @christine2020

I have received a report about this in another thread (but not Apple Watch related): App Stops Working When Ads Appear 

Have you noticed any other advertisements freezing?

If so, please provide the following info as I'd like to report this:

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone 5c, iPod 6th gen, iPad Air2, etc.)
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Let me know.

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos