cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch Won’t Sync

Tab
Underground

Hi guys!  I've upgraded to pandora plus in order to have my most used/recent stations available on my Apple Watch.

Problem is I can't get pandora to sync to my watch for offline listening. The tab on my watch most often says "Pandora will sync to Watch when located near your phone" even when my watch is exactly next to my phone.  When pandora finally does something on my watch it only shows 1-2 stations and stations I Never listen to.  

ive tried everything. Deleting app, redownloading app, unshow on watch, show on watch, power off and on watch.
Any suggestions?  

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @gkoch88. 👋

This issue should have been resolved. However, it sounds like you're still having trouble. Thanks for letting us know!

First, please note that you'll need to keep your offline content downloaded on your iPhone within the Pandora app. If your offline content is removed from the Pandora app on your phone, it will be automatically removed from your Apple Watch.

If that does not appear to be the issue, is it possible that this might be happening because there is not enough storage on your Apple Watch?

To check how much space is available on your Apple Watch, from your iPhone go to the Watch app then General > About > Available. Let me know what you see.

If it doesn't appear to be storage related, please do the following to reset the download process on your Apple Watch:

• Power off and restart your iPhone and Apple Watch.
  • Ensure you iPhone and Apple Watch are connected via Bluetooth and to the same Wi-Fi network.
  • Allow Pandora to refresh in background (Watch app on iPhone > General > Background App Refresh).
  • Dock your Apple Watch on its charger.

If the issue continues after waiting some time for the download process to begin, try uninstalling and reinstalling the Pandora app using the Watch app on your iPhone. To do that:

1. Go to the Watch app on iPhone.
  2. Scroll down and find Pandora.
  3. Tap Pandora and then disable the Show App on Apple Watch toggle.
  4. Finally, switch the toggle back on to begin reinstalling the app.

If the issue continues, could you provide me with a bit more information about your devices?

1. Which iOS version are you using on your iPhone X?
  2. What version is your Apple Watch on? (Open the Watch app on your phone and go to General > AboutVersion)

Let me know. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
20 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Tab!

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with Pandora and your Apple Watch.

First, please note that you'll need to keep your offline content downloaded on your iPhone within the Pandora app. If your offline content is removed from the Pandora app on your phone, it will be automatically removed from your Apple Watch. It sounds like you've run through the troubleshooting steps listed in this help page article.

++

If the issue continues after trying out those steps, could you provide me with a bit more information about your devices?

1. What iPhone model do you have?
  2. What version is your Apple Watch on? (Open the Watch app on your phone and go to General > AboutVersion)

Let me know.

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

Tab
Underground

@AlyssaPandora   Thank you for the response and assistance in getting this figured out 🙂 The offline stations are definitely downloaded on my iPhone and I’ve performed all suggested tips (numerous times) in hopes of getting the offline stations to download to my watch.  On the rare occasion a station or 2 does show on my watch, it’s stations I rarely listen to and only a handful of songs.  

Iphone model 11pro

watch version 6.0.1 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Tab Thank you for posting your issue on the community. 

I've reported this over to our engineering team with the helpful details you've provided.

It appears other listeners may be experiencing similar issues and we have a ticket open for this now.

Your patience is appreciated while the engineering team looks deeper into this!

Tab
Underground

Hey @AlyssaPandora 

I'm still experiencing this issue; just curious if there's an update.  My watch says it'll sync pandora once next to my phone but it never syncs

if this can't be resolved then there's really no reason for me to continue my subscription so any info would be greatly appreciated. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for your patience over the weekend. I completely understand where you're coming from.

Unfortunately, I do not have an ETA when this will be resolved. However, I can assure you that I've reported your info to our engineering team. They are currently working on this.  

Sorry for the continued inconvenience this has caused.

0 Kudos

Tab
Underground

Ok well since it's been a week and a half since the engineers were notified and there's no resolution in sight. I've canceled my subscription.  
If and when the problem is fixed and pandora actually works on Apple watches please let me know. 
Thanks. 

MusicFan0081
Local Performer

I am having the same exact problem. No Pandora stations load from my iphone 11 Pro to my Apple Watch 5 when I'm in offline mode. I bought my Apple Watch to listen to Pandora without my phone. Very disappointing. I haven't wanted to, but I might be switching to Apple Music and cancelling my Pandora paid subscription.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Tab Thanks for your reply.

Our engineering team is still working diligently on this.

Sorry for the continued trouble you've experienced.

++

Hey, @MusicFan0081.

Sorry to hear that you're also having trouble syncing your offline content to your Apple Watch.

The Pandora app for Apple Watch does not support standalone playback for watches with cellular data.

For now, you can use the Pandora app for Apple Watch to launch and control the Pandora app on your iPhone. Subscribers should also be able to download content directly to Apple Watch for offline listening.

Could you provide me with a bit more information about your devices?

• What iOS version are you using on your iPhone 11 Pro?
  • What version is your Apple Watch on? (Open the Watch app on your phone and go to General > AboutVersion)

Let me know. 

0 Kudos

Pdxjava
Local Performer

Having similar issues with Apple Watch 3 and iPhone X. Only partial playlists download. Tried similar troubleshooting including wiping my watch completely. 

Have premium subscription and playlists are definitely downloaded to my phone.

0 Kudos

Jody
Local Performer
Having the exact same issues. Pandora doesn’t seem too concerned about resolving an issue that they have marketed. Seems like an issue they would work harder to resolve.
0 Kudos

Jen
Local Performer
I’m having the same issue. It worked fine for 3 weeks and then 3 days ago I started having problems. It won’t sync to my Apple Watch. I’ve sent an email but haven’t received a response. The only reason I’m paying for a plus subscription is to use my Apple Watch on walks and runs. . If they can’t do this, I will switch to another service.
0 Kudos

MusicFan0013
Local Performer

HI, same issue with iphone Xr and apple watch 3. 

Like many I upgraded to premium because of the great feature of offline listening through my watch w/o having to carry my phone. 

I have many stations downloaded on my phone.  only one station comes to my apple watch. 

A suggestion to Pandora.  add a feature in the station or song to "send to apple watch".  It is a mystery how Pandora chooses which stations or songs to sync.  I cannot find it through my research. 

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MusicFan0013 @Jody @Pdxjava @Jen Thanks for sharing your experiences.

Rest assured, I have notified our engineering team about the issues you've had with offline syncing to your Apple watches.

I understand how frustrating this this, and your patience is appreciated while they continue to work on this. 🎧

0 Kudos

cbenz1
Local Performer

Is this resolved? It used to work, but now it says" Pandora will synch to your watch when located near your phone". However it never does.  I use offline mode to run and I am very frustrated.   

cbenz1
Local Performer

So I turned off cellular data on the phone app and left the phone and watch charging.  Took about 2 days but eventually uploaded 3 stations....

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi folks!

Thanks for your patience while our team worked on this.

Happy to announce that we just released a new standalone app for the Apple Watch. 

You can find out more about how it works here.

0 Kudos

gkoch88
Local Performer

Any update on this?  Even with the newest app, I still have issues.  I downloaded the app, was able to sync one station, but only a few songs.  Then each time I try a few days later, nothing happens.  If I try to play on my watch, it automatically switches to playing from iPhone.  If I put my phone on Offline mode, nothing plays and the watch reads "Please select content".   There are 3 stations that show up in the watch "downloads" folder, but they do not play.  I have an iPhone X and apple watch series 3

Please advise

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @gkoch88. 👋

This issue should have been resolved. However, it sounds like you're still having trouble. Thanks for letting us know!

First, please note that you'll need to keep your offline content downloaded on your iPhone within the Pandora app. If your offline content is removed from the Pandora app on your phone, it will be automatically removed from your Apple Watch.

If that does not appear to be the issue, is it possible that this might be happening because there is not enough storage on your Apple Watch?

To check how much space is available on your Apple Watch, from your iPhone go to the Watch app then General > About > Available. Let me know what you see.

If it doesn't appear to be storage related, please do the following to reset the download process on your Apple Watch:

• Power off and restart your iPhone and Apple Watch.
  • Ensure you iPhone and Apple Watch are connected via Bluetooth and to the same Wi-Fi network.
  • Allow Pandora to refresh in background (Watch app on iPhone > General > Background App Refresh).
  • Dock your Apple Watch on its charger.

If the issue continues after waiting some time for the download process to begin, try uninstalling and reinstalling the Pandora app using the Watch app on your iPhone. To do that:

1. Go to the Watch app on iPhone.
  2. Scroll down and find Pandora.
  3. Tap Pandora and then disable the Show App on Apple Watch toggle.
  4. Finally, switch the toggle back on to begin reinstalling the app.

If the issue continues, could you provide me with a bit more information about your devices?

1. Which iOS version are you using on your iPhone X?

Let me know. 🎧

0 Kudos

Seadog71
Local Performer

I am also having this issue (Apple watch 3 and iPhone 11.) I only subscribe to Pandora to be able to use my watch without phone to play music when I run. 

I also get the message that the watch will sync downloads when near the phone, but this never happens. I guess it’s time to bite the bullet and pay iTunes (or now Spotify) for a solution that actually works. 

Also, trying to access and play downloaded songs on my phone via Car Play (in my VW) is a major hassle. 

These are major technical issues that need to be resolved, or you will continue to lose subscribers… (obv) 

0 Kudos